Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
Located in a commercial area to the west of the city of Guadalajara, the project developed from the idea of creating a building with a removable metal frame capable of holding a machine with artificial waves for surfing, complemented by an architectural program consisting of bathroom dressing rooms, restaurant and administration which orbit around the main attraction.
Image Courtesy © Marcos García
- Architects: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Project: PUNTO SURF
- Location: Jalisco, México
- Photography: Marcos García
- Collaborators: Jenny Mora, Paola Hernández, Alma Osnaya, Jenny Camarena, Gabriela Chávez, Roberto Contreras, Rigo González, Andrea Zúñiga, Daniela Valdez, Maripily Roel, Diana Reséndiz, Rodrigo Ortega.
- Constructor: Ing. César Cervantes López
- Iluminación: Construlita
- Year finshed: 2013
- Project area: 1216 m2
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS
The multidisciplinary team includes Sou Fujimoto Architects, Nicolas Laisné Associés, Manal Rachdi Oxo Architects, engineer André Verdier, environmental engineering agency Franck Boutté Consultants, landscaping team Bassinet Turquin, designer Lumière Studio, and inspection firm Socotec and Casso et Associés. It was picked to design the 10,000 m² mixed-use tower to accommodate a housing programme, restaurant, art gallery, panoramic bar and offices.
Image Courtesy © SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- Architects: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS
- Project: L’Arbre Blanc (The White Tree)
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Photography: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS, NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES and MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- TYPE: Closed competition
- ARCHITECT TEAMS: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- DEVELOPMENT: PROMEO PATRIMOINE: Gilbert Ganivenq, Cyrill Meynadier, EVOLIS PROMOTION: Francis Lamazère, Alain Gillet
- SURFACE AREA: 10,225 m2
- STATUS: Winner
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: ANDRE VERDIER (Montpellier, France)
- DESIGN AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: FRANK BOUTTÉ CONSULTANTS (Paris, France)
- LANDSCAPING: BASSINET TURQUIN PAYSAGE (Paris, France)
- LIGHTING DESIGNER: ODILE SOUDANT (Paris, France)
- INSPECTIONS: SOCOTEC (Montpellier, France), CASSO & ASSOCIES (Paris, France)
- PERSPECTIVE: RSI studio, Manal Rachdi Oxo architectes. Nicolas Laisné associés.
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: MVRDV
Collection Building is an art depot open to the public. A public route zigzags through the building, from the lobby on the ground floor where a café can be found up to an exhibition space, sculpture garden and restaurant on the roof. On the way up the route passes along and through art depots and restoration workshops. In depots visible from the route, the exhibition can be changed on a daily basis by simply moving storage racks so each visit to the building can offer a unique experience. On three floors the route passes through exhibition spaces which will be programmed by Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV – Antonio Coco
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: PUBLIC ART DEPOT MBVB
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: MVRDV – Antonio Coco
- Year: 2013
- Client: Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, De Verre Bergen Foundation, the City of Rotterdam
- Program: 15.000m2 art depot with restoration facilities, exhibition spaces, offices, logistics, bar, restaurant, sculpture garden and private collectors facilities.
- Budget: 50 million Euro
- Design Team: Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs, Nathalie de Vries with Fokke Moerel and Sanne van der Burgh, Marta Pozo Gil, Gerard Heerink, Elien Deceuninck, Saimon Gomez Idiakez, Nacho Velasco, Jason Slabbynck, Mariya Gyaurova.
- Sustainability: BREEAM Excellent (goal)
- Structure: PietersBouwtechniek
- Cost engineering: IGG Consultants
- Installations: DGMR Consultants
- Legal Project: Richard Jan Roks, Kennedy Van Der Laan, Amsterdam, with Jan Knikker, Fokke Moerel
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: HASSELL
A cloud-like structure suspended above a floating bar and open-kitchen restaurant on the banks of Melbourne’s Yarra River will form the spectacular centrepiece of the 2014 Melbourne Food and Wine Festival presented by Bank of Melbourne when it opens to the public today.
Image Courtesy © HASSELL
- Architects: HASSELL
- Project: The Immersery
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Article source: Blacksheep.
Blacksheep design and branding studio have recently revealed their latest design for the new Red’s True Barbecue restaurant and bar, which officially opened on the 13th of February in the heart of Manchester’s Albert Square. With the brand already proving a big hit in Leeds, owners James Douglas and Scott Munro approached Blacksheep to design a new restaurant and bar that would reflect the character of the Red’s experience, a concept drawn deep from the love of traditional American low n slow style barbecuing.
Image Courtesy © Blacksheep.
- Architects: Blacksheep.
- Project: The new Red’s True Barbecue Restaurant & Bar
- Location: Manchester
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: Andersson-Wise Architects
Austin’s W Hotel and Residences complex is a new centerpiece for the city, occupying a prime location in the skyline framing Austin City Hall and Lady Bird Lake. Andersson-Wise Architects, of Austin, designed the building to make the most of the city’s natural environment, capturing prevailing breezes and controlling the intense sunlight to create a protectedyet open experience.
Image Courtesy © Andrew Pogue
- Architects: Andersson-Wise Architects
- Project: W AUSTIN HOTEL + RESIDENCES with AUSTIN CITY LIMITS LIVE AT THE MOODY THEATER
- Location: Austin, Texas, U.S.A
- Photography: Andrew Pogue, Art Gray, Jonathan Jackson, Tom McConnell
- Software used: Vectorworks.
- Design Team: Arthur Andersson, Chris Wise, Catherine Craig, Leland Ulmer, Christopher Sanders, Laura McQuary, Robin Bagley Logan
- Architect of record: BOKA Powell – Dallas, TX Emily Hoffman
- General contractor: Austin Building Company – Austin, TX, Kasey Delz
- Other key contractors: Custom Sheet Metal: A. Zahner & Co., Curtain Wall + Glazing: Wincon Millwork: AMI
- Structural Engineer: Thornton Tomasetti
- Mep engineer: JJA, Inc.
- Landscape architect: Talley Associates – Dallas, TX
- Lighting consultant: Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design
- Sustainable design: Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems
- Theater consultant: Theatre Consultants Collaborative
- Venue interiors: Rios Clementi Hale Studios
- Square footage: 1 million square feet
- Site acreage: 1.8 acres
- Building materials: cement composite panels (Swiss Pearl), aluminum + glass curtain wall system, metal plate wall panels
- LEED rating: SILVER
- Sustainable features: urban site, orientation to sun and prevailing breezes, utilizes City of, Austin chilled water system, high recycled content materials, low VOC, materials, high-performance glazing.
- Floors: 37 story tower, 10 floors hotel, 21 floors residences, 3 floors podium 4 floors mechanical
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: JSa Arquitectura
The complex has 102 apartments, of about 2,700-2,960 sq ft (duplex and simplex), in four towers, with different distribution layouts with a total area of 305,360 sq ft.
Inside the complex there are two swim clubs with three pools each, one pool for free swim, one for training, and one for kids. Each of these clubs has a multi-use room, with both, covered and open-air areas covering about 52,300 sq ft.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: JSa Arquitectura
- Project: PUNTA IXTAPA
- Location: Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo, JSa Arquitectura
- Project Date: 2013
- Type of projects: Resort
- Design Team: JSª / Javier Sanchez, Francisco Martinez, Jorge Bracho,, Othon Reynoso, David Herrera, Sofia Villareal, Savlan Hauser.
- Interior Design: Larissa Kadner, Raúl martínez
- Number of units: 102 apartments
- Average surface area: 94 units between 265 m2 and 270 m2, and 8 units of 460 m2
- Área total construida, Total surface area: 538,195 sq ft
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014
Article source: Studio Dave Keune
With an establishment of Boymans van Beuningen museum and Rotterdam school of architecture around the corner Dokkaffee fills in the need for high standard food and drinks on this remote location, one that honors its past of hard labor and meets up to the 21st century standard.
Image Courtesy © Studio Dave Keune
- Architects: Studio Dave Keune
- Project: Dokkaffee II
- Location: Rotterdam, NL
- Software used: Rinoceros.
- Project start date: September 2013
- Project completion: November 2013
- Site area: 300 square meters
- Interior concept Design: EB ontwerp & studio Dave Keune
- Client: Havenbedrijf Rotterdam
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: CHIRAG N MULANI
Create space for public use as well as corporate use. Public gardens, restaurents, theatres and offices for professionals..all that in one combination of different environments gives something different feelings..
Image Courtesy © CHIRAG N MULANI
- Architects: CHIRAG N MULANI
- Project: URBAN INFILL
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Article source: Triptyque Architecture
The agency Triptyque architecture was commissioned to design a complex in São Paulo Understanding three boutiques, a restaurant, a bar and an art gallery. The boutiques should have easy access to the city while the restaurant would be located on the upper floors.
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Finotti
- Architects: Triptyque Architecture
- Project: The Centre Oscar Freire
- Photography: Leonardo Finotti