Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Article source: ggarchitects
Spaces, motifs, materials and light evoke the atmosphere of the Caliphate in the pursuit of a complete andalusian gastronomic experience
When Paco Morales embarked on the opening of his newest restaurant in Córdoba, he parted from a clear and ambitious premise: to regain and reinterpret Andalusian cooking from an avant-garde andhaute cuisine perspective. Therefore, the Cordoban chef didn’t conceive NOOR as a usual restaurant, but as a “cultural project” which would provide diners a complete gastronomic experience, that is, an actual recreation of what a palace banquet at the 10th century Medina Azahara might have been. Thisrequired going beyond a mere gastronomic proposal and involved all aspectssurrounding NOOR: from architecture to staff clothing, taking care and pampering every detail about decoration and tableware.
Main Hall_the Cordobese light goes through the dome, Image Courtesy © Alfonso Calza
- Architects: ggarchitects
- Project: Noor Restaurant
- Location: Córdoba, Spain
- Photography: Alfonso Calza
- Client: Chef Paco Morales
- Design: Jose Ramon Tramoyeres, Javier Cortina
- Project architect: Nacho Mor
- Design team: Adolfo de la Torre, Maria Jose Mora.
- Local executive architect: Manuel Gómez de la Haba
- Lighting: Vassilis Pappas
- Ceramic: Cerámica Levantina
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Article source: Studio Fuksas
After Hong Kong Chater House and Tokyo Ginza Tower, Fifth Avenue completes the trilogy of the Armani Stores designed by Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas for the famous designer.
Situated in the centre of New York, in one of the world’s well known streets, the project takes up the first three floors of the two buildings located between 5th Avenue and 56th Street.
Image Courtesy © Ramon Prat
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas)
- Project: Armani Fifth Avenue
- Location: 5th Avenue – 56th Street, New York, USA
- Photography: Ramon Prat and SAMA-Allan Toft
- Client: Gruppo Giorgio Armani
- Contractor: Americon Construction Inc.
- Engineering: Engineer Gilberto Sarti
- Lighting: Speirs & Major Associates
- Area: 2,800 sq. m.
- Period: 2007-2009
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: Hyunjoon Yoo Architects
The Community Center in Aphae-do, Shinan-gun, Jeollanam-do is located on a special site, and has a special programme. First of all, it was my first building project to be built on an island. Second, the main programme of the building was the public bath and restaurant for the elders in the village. The elders, who make up most of the population in the fishing village, do not have a decent bathing facility in their home.
Image Courtesy © Park Young-Chae
- Architects: Hyunjoon Yoo Architects
- Project: The Void
- Location: Shinan-gun, jeonllanam-do, Korea
- Photography: Park Young-Chae
- Software used: Sketchup, Autocad
- Client: Shinan-gun office
- Design Team: Heo Jinsung, Son Insil, Park Jungkyu, Kwon Jinhee, Ham Seungho
- Exterior finishing: Dryvit finish, Exposed concrete,
- Structural engineer: Dawoo
- Construction: Joongsan construction company
- Mechanical engineer: Min Sung engineering
- Electrical engineer: Hyeob-In
- Site area: 5,554m2
- Building area: 604.07m2
- Gross floor area: 1436.47m2
- Design period: Oct. 2013 – Nov. 2014
- Construction period: Dec. 2014 – Mar. 2016
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: Piuarch
Piuarch’s design of the new Ekaterinensky Congress Center in Krasnodar, Russia, has been appointed for construction.
Located on the banks of the Kuban River, the design proposes a three level cultural complex, with a total floor area of 2,840 square meters. The plans include a conference hall with a capacity of 720 seats – which can be set up in different configurations – as a foyer, a restaurant, a bar and service areas, all the while offering a scenic view of the river bay on the side of the city, and a new pedestrian plaza where the entrance to the center will be located.
The building will also feature terraces on the roof and outdoor spaces on the ground floor, which allow for the expansion of the internal functions.
The project has offered Piuarch the opportunity to activate the relationship between the city and the river by designing a connection among the natural water environment, the coastal parks, and the urban area: reconfiguring the city’s interaction with the river.
Image Courtesy © Piuarch
- Architects: Piuarch
- Project: Ekaterinensky Congress Center
- Location: Krasnodar, Russia
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: Kanisavaran Architectural Group
This project was in Pasdaran area in Tehran. After the first visit of that location, decided first priority is to make a strong structure for this building. because this building didn’t have a strong structure and that was very old.In the drawing process, we decision an Architectural space for a predetermined paradox should be (as regards this restaurant has two kinds of approach to his service: Iranian food and international food but a focus on healthy food) an architectural method from forces around and atmosphere around. It was a new approach for our and we visited that location again and made new analyses from pay attention to forces around in this space and we find a new form of lighting and table and wall pattern but our Suggestion was to use of Brick because brick was one of traditional material for Iranian. After that, we made an imagining filter (Black & white) on the entrance and us decision all materials after arrived be must accept filter effect. for example, the brick after arrives to changed his color .this filter was impacted to all material Except Flowers and planet because: The plants are strong things in our life…
Image Courtesy © Ali Yaghoubi
- Architects: Kanisavaran Architectural Group (Mohammad Kanisavaran)
- Project: Sunlive Restaurant
- Location: Pasdaran St ,Tehran, Iran
- Photography: Ali Yaghoubi
- Client: Mr. Miri
- Supervision & Execution: Kanisavaran Architectural Group
- Resident Supervisor : Reza Abbasi
- Electrical: Mr.Maleky
- Mechanical: Mr.Abbasi
- Graphist: Gol Nessa Mottahed
- Area: 100 Sq
- Date: 2016
Saturday, July 16th, 2016
Article source: Makoto Yamaguchi Design
In converting this Ryokan (traditional Japanese Inn), in the mountainous holiday retreat area of Yugawara, outside Tokyo, we were inspired by the beautiful surrounding landscape of forest and rivers, and the esteemed traditions of Japanese crafts. We sought to combine richly textured natural materials with traditional Japanese crafts and patterning, to create a fusion and layering of these two elements, and form a beautiful contrast.
Entrance, Image Courtesy © Koichi Torimura
- Architects: Makoto Yamaguchi Design
- Project: Hakuunsou
- Location: Yugawara, Kanagawa prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Koichi Torimura
- Design team: Makoto Yamaguchi, Peter Hamori, Ayumi Mitoma, Scott Beer
- Site area: 356.80 sqm
- Completion: 2015
Tuesday, July 12th, 2016
Article source: ESTUDIO ATEMPORAL
Mesa Napoles is a gastronomic space in the crossing between Kansas St. and New York St. at Colonia Napoles.
The Project is a response to the low gastronomic offer in the zone and has the intention of becoming both a landmark and a meeting point.
Occuping the low level and first floor almost in their entirety, the intervention of this space responds to the principle of creating visual and physical permeability between the establishment and the exterior.
Image Courtesy © Luis Gallardo
- Architects: ESTUDIO ATEMPORAL
- Project: Mesa Nápoles Food hall
- Location: Kansas #38, Colonia Nápoles CP. 03840 Ciudad de México
- Photography: Luis Gallardo
- Collaborators: Despacho Durango
- Area: 470.03 m2
- Dates: October 2015- March 2016
Sunday, July 10th, 2016
Article source: DEAR DESIGN Studio
Dear Design were commissioned to design the new location of Dehesa Santa Maria in terminal T1 of Barcelona airport.
The objectives for this project were: to create a specially designed space for the boarding area, where one can comfortably pass time before long-haul flights. The surface was broadened and as it grew, it was essential to reorganize the space with fluid and intuitive paths. As the restaurant is located next to the glass facade, it was necessary to créate an element which provided shade and played with the sunlight.
Image Courtesy © xaviTorrent
- Architects: DEAR DESIGN Studio
- Project: Dehesa Santa Maria
- Location: T1 International Airport El Prat, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: xaviTorrent
- Client: Eat & Out
- Creative Director: Ignasi Llauradó
- Design Team: Joel Pera, Paulina Calcagno
- Construction: 4Retail
- Engineers: Cubic
- Year: 2014
Saturday, July 2nd, 2016
Article source: Architects of Invention
The project implies construction of an upscale lifestyle community comprised of a professionally serviced apartment complex, located on the reclaimed part of the main island of Seychelles – Sailwin. The project includes advanced infrastructure: spa-complex, several restaurants and a club-house with a pool and a private marina. Project site has a direct access to the beach.
Image Courtesy © Architects of Invention
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: Coral Holiday Apartments
- Location: Mahe Island, Sailwin, Seychelles
- Software used: Sketchup, Rhino, Autocad
- Landscape consultant: HED
- Team: Dominykas Daunys, Nikoloz Japaridze, Anton Khmelnitskiy, Ivane Ksnelashvili, Davit Tsanava
- Budget: $10 mil
- Size: 15000 m²
Thursday, June 30th, 2016
Article source: ARQMOV Workshop
The project involved the renovation of a house built in the 1920s, to transform it into the first restaurant specialized in serving waffle sandwiches in Mexico, along with a great variety of freshly brewed coffee made with the best extraction methods available.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: ARQMOV Workshop
- Project: Freims Condesa
- Location: Colonia Condesa , Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, Sketchup
- Living Area: 235 m²
- Date: 2016