Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Friday, March 16th, 2018
Article source: MVRDV
Europe consists of thousands of small towns that compete for recognition. A beautiful and useful force, which can create a strong energy for the future of Europe. One of these towns is Esslingen am Neckar. A city situated in the region of Stuttgart, in the south of Germany. In Esslingen, in the “Neue Weststadt”, a former freight depot with a diverse industrial history, a new office building will be realised. Together with RVI, a developer situated in Saarbrücken, MVRDV design a new Milestone for the city, which will draw attention to the town and its developments, a “crystal rock”.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: The Milestone
- Location: Esslingen, Germany
- Client: RVI, Germany
- Design Team: Winy Maas, Markus Nagler, Tobias Tonch, Christine Sohar, Alessio Palmieri, Cheng Cai and Bartosz Kobylakiewicz
- Visualization: Antonio Luca Coco, Kirill Emelianov, Luca Piattelli, Pavlos Ventouris
- Size: 6,500m²
- Year: 2016+
Thursday, March 15th, 2018
Article source: velvet projects
The main premise of the project for the renovation of the Venta Melchor restaurant was to design a space that respected the original essence, mixing it with contemporary elements that would give it a more modern and cosmopolitan air.
Image Courtesy © Julio Gonzalez
- Architects: velvet projects
- Project: Restaurante Venta Melchor
- Location: Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- Photography: Julio Gonzalez
- Size: 180m2
- Date of Completion: june, 2017
Wednesday, March 14th, 2018
Article source: Studio 3LHD
A few years after the opening of Hotel Lone, Restaurant L – one of three restaurants in the hotel, was rebranded as ResoLution Signature Restaurant. 3LHD was involved in the transformation of a part of the restaurant space into a show cooking kitchen that will be used for presenting new techniques to chefs, for cooking schools, teambuilding activities etc. The design and the atmosphere are based on the recognizable Hotel Lone design with a somewhat modified material repertoire. Smoked oak wood and American walnut discreetly supplement the dominant terazzo floor and lattice ceiling, pointing out that the function of the space, and its character, has changed.
Image Courtesy © Jure Živković
- Architects: Studio 3LHD
- Project: ResoLution Signature Restaurant
- Location: Luje Adamovića 31 (Hotel Lone), Rovinj, Croatia
- Photography: Jure Živković
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Client: Maistra d.d.
- Geolocation: 45°4’21” N, 13°38′ 23” E
- Electrical Engineering: Adolf Klarin (Ipro-Inženjering)
- Main Contractor: SDMS
- Footprint (m2): 91,7m2 (interior), 100m2 (terrace + garden)
- Level (m): 13,50
- Project Start Date: 10.2016.
- Project End Date: 02.2017.
- Construction Start Date: 02.2017.
- Construction End Date: 03.04.2017.
Sunday, March 11th, 2018
Article source: CIVIC Architects
With the start of 2018, a new iconic structure was opened to the public in Tilburg (Netherlands). The structure forms a public pavilion on the central pier in the old city harbour and serves as a landmark for recreational boats and yachts, visiting the city. The firms Civic Architects & Bright Urban Futures designed a striking steel structure that unites the public viewing platform and the restaurant, adding a piece of sturdy architecture to the harbour vista.
Image Courtesy © Stijn Bollaert
- Architects: CIVIC Architects
- Project: Piushaven Harbour Pavilion
- Location: Hopliedenkade, Tilburg, Netherlands
- Photography: Stijn Bollaert
- Client: Orion Projectontwikkeling, The City of Tilburg
- Civic Architects: Jan Lebbink, Rick ten Doeschate, Ingrid van der Heijden, Gert Kwekkeboom, Fernanda Romeu, Angela Solis, Niels Boswinkel, Helena Moreno
- Bright urban Futures: Gerjan Streng
- Partners: Archimedes Bouwadvies, BAM Bouw en Techniek, Janssen Lastechnieken
- Floor Size: 260 m2
- Period: November 2015 – December 2017
Friday, March 9th, 2018
Article source: hcreates interiors and design
Little Creatures has opened its first craft beer pub in the China Mainland in the heart of Shanghai at Found 158. The Shanghai chapter of this iconic Australian craft brand takes the industrial elements from its Australian parent bars, to bring the Little Creatures experience to Shanghai.
Image Courtesy © Brian Chua
- Architects: hcreates interiors and design
- Project: Little Creatures
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Brian Chua
- Designer: Hannah Churchill
- Date: 2018.1
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
Article source: hcreates interiors and design
Cobra Lily is a Pan-Asian restaurant and bar located in Shanghai’s popular Xintandi complex. Designed around a mysterious femme fatale, the design is a journey through her day and the places she hangs out.
Image Courtesy © Seth Powers
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
Article source: ASPASIA TAKA architects creative lab
The renovation of Manassu beach bar and restaurant was designed by ASPASIA TAKA Architects Creative Lab in 2017. The freshness of the summer and the multifunctionality of the space were the main tasks for the redesign proposal of the famous beach bar, which lies at the Sithonia peninsula in Halkidiki. The design took into consideration the fully integrated into the sea site, thus the approach included use of natural materials and respect to nature. The concept is to create areas that embrace the guests so as to provide both relaxation and entertainment. The new amenities include a restaurant, a bar and multiple lounges that are located all around. Furthermore, changes in the ground levels optimized the different views from the bar to the sea. Moreover, the use of natural materials, such as stone and wood strengthen the connection to nature. Last but not least, a blend of textiles offers a variety of patterns and style.
Image Courtesy © Nikos Vavdinoudis – Christos Dimitriou / studiovd.gr
- Architects: ASPASIA TAKA architects creative lab
- Project: Manassu Beach Bar & Restaurant
- Location: Akti Oneirou, Halkidiki, Greece
- Photography: Nikos Vavdinoudis – Christos Dimitriou / studiovd.gr
- Client: Manassu Beach Bar & Restaurant
- Completion: 2017
Thursday, March 1st, 2018
Article source: CAPD
Ishiuchi Penon is a complex commercial facility that revolves around eating, living and learning about food, beauty, interior and other lifestyle-related shops, pop-up shops, events, classrooms, and other creative abilities that nurture the senses and enrich their minds.
Image Courtesy © Kazunori Nomura
- Architects: CAPD (Kazuo Monnai, Hirokazu Ohara, Dai Tsunenobu, Kazuya Masui)
- Project: Ishiuchi Pennon
- Location: Itsukaichicho Ishiuchi, Saeki-ku Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima, Japan
- Photography: Kazunori Nomura
- Construction: iwaki
- Structural design: Hidetaka Nakahara(Q & Architecture）
- Garden build: WA-SO Co.,Ltd.
Tuesday, February 27th, 2018
Article source: 32MQ design studio
The Coco Retro bistro brings French flair to Royal Tunbridge Wells, a large affluent town in Kent, just outside London.
The brief for the design studio 32mq was to provide three different inspiring dining areas for three different dining experiences. The ground floor is an informal and relaxed brasserie; the first floor is an elegant intimate and stylish restaurant and the lower floor is a wine cellar (under development) dedicated to the wine collection of the owner.
Image Courtesy © Alan Williams
- Architects: 32MQ design studio
- Project: Coco Retro Bistro
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Alan Williams
- Client: Coco Retro Ltd
- General Contractor: FF Services
- Gross Floor Area: 150 m2
Sunday, February 25th, 2018
Article source: ERNESTO FUSCO INTERIOR DESIGNER
In the heart of the historic center of a small Italian town (Benevento), within the ancient walls of the Longobards, this small vegetarian restaurant of 90 sqm has been created.
Image Courtesy © ERNESTO FUSCO INTERIOR DESIGNER