Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
Article source: MATT WOODS DESIGN
Fresh from picking up the Best Restaurant Design gong at the 2015 Eat Drink Design Awards for Beccafico, Matt Woods’ latest project, The Rabbit Hole – Organic Tea Bar, reinvents the tired & clichéd teahouse concept.
Image Courtesy © Dave Wheeler
- Architects: MATT WOODS DESIGN
- Project: The Rabbit Hole
- Location: Beccafico, Italy
- Photography: Dave Wheeler
Friday, February 5th, 2016
Article source: YANG Hotel Design Group
As the first new-oriental style boutique hotel in Shenzhen, Duoduo Group cooperates with YANG Hotel Design Group to build this HUI HOTEL. Hotel is located beside Shenzhen Central Park which has a one-thousand meters green belt, close to Huaqiang North, and is transformed from an old factory.
Image Courtesy © YANG Hotel Design Group
- Architects: YANG Hotel Design Group
- Project: HUI HOTEL Shenzhen
- Location: No. 3015, Hongli Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, China
- Principle Designers: Yang Bangsheng, Lai Guangshao
- Project elements: 85 rooms (suite), western restaurant, Chinese restaurant, reading room, gym, ballroom, swimming pool and other food and beverage recreation equipments
- Program: 10 000 sqm Interior design
- Usage area: 8 800 sqm
- Project period: 2010 – 2014
Friday, February 5th, 2016
Article source: PHL Architects
Oak Tree Emerald locates on a contour hills area with view facing directly to a valley and city. Because of its strategic location, it is suitable for a concept of resort hotel. The site has a steep hills contour with a very long and narrow L-shaped site. Thus, in order to meet the programme’s requirements, we must use cut and fill system to get extra spaces.
Image Courtesy © PHL Architects
- Architects: PHL Architects
- Project: OAK TREE EMERALD
- Location: Papandayan, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia
- Owner: PT. Merdeka Graha Indo
- Principal Architect: Hendyanto Lim, Patrick Lim
- Built (Year): November 2013
- Site Area: 6600 m2
- Floor Area: 17000 m2
- Building Height: 41m / 11th floor
Sunday, January 31st, 2016
Article source: Florian Busch Architects
Until some time ago, there were, we are told, 12 bars spread over three 2-storey houses on this 50 m2 plot on Kiyamachidori, adjacent to one of Kyoto’s most intricate network of night alleys, Pontocho, where a vibrant mixture of bars, brothels, inns, dwellings, shops have for centuries created an urban atmosphere of essential Kyoto nightlife. With an unobtrusive high-end restaurant next to a (visually less subtle) cheap yakitori, with a hidden gem of a ryokan at the end of the narrowest of side-alleys across an enigmatic place commanding courage to enter, any walk here leads to eventual surprises.
Image Courtesy © Nacasa+Partners
- Architects: Florian Busch Architects
- Project: K8 in Kyoto
- Location: Kiyamachidori, Shijo-Kawaramachi, Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: Nacasa+Partners
- Project Team: FBA: Florian Busch, Sachiko Miyazaki, Suguru Takahashi, Akira Miyamoto, Antoine Vaxelaire, Renee Reder, Oliver Pershav, Katie Colford (intern), ShioriSageshima (intern), Anne-Marlene Rüede (intern), Kayo Nakamura (intern)
- Structural engineering: OAK (Masato Araya, Tomonori Kawata)
- Contractor: Mugishima Corp.
- Gross floor area: 155.98 m²
- Height: 16.7m
Friday, January 15th, 2016
Article source: AYALTOINTEGRAL S.L
Since the first time we visited the barracks located at Europa point we take account of the great possibilities of this project, or his location (N-S orientation and impressive sea views) as well as for the buildingsintrinsic value as cultural heritage (antiquity, materials, and interior brick vaults).
Image Courtesy © David Frutos Ruiz
- Architects: AYALTOINTEGRAL S.L
- Project: Gibraltar University
- Location: Europa Point, Gibraltar
- Photography: David Frutos Ruiz
- Developer: Gibraltar Government
- Principal Architect: Xavier Ozores Pardo
- Collaborates: Pedro Carcelén Fernández
- Quantity Surveyor: Jorge Carcelén Fernández
- Building Company: Casaisl.T.D
- Awards: Gibraltar Heritage Award 2015
- Budget: 10.000.000pounds (Ten Millón Pounds)
Wednesday, January 13th, 2016
Article source: Atelier I-N-D-J
Two adjacent spaces are conjoined by a banal harsh white mall space. Hundreds of fibre glass sheets hang delicately over head – effusing a soft milky light that unites the otherwise disparate spaces.
Image Courtesy © Atelier I-N-D-J
- Architects: Atelier I-N-D-J
- Project: URBAN HARVEST
- Location: HANGZHOU, China
- Size: 371sqm
Thursday, January 7th, 2016
Article source: INHOUSE
The long-awaited Open Door restaurant at Constantia Uitsig Wine Estate has finally launched to the delight of diners in Cape Town’s Southern Suburbs and beyond. Introducing some of the contemporary edginess for which they are well known, local restaurateurs Neil Grant and Barry Engelbrecht have transformed the space formerly occupied by The River Café – situated at the entrance to the estate – into an exciting destination dining spot.
Image Courtesy © INHOUSE
Tuesday, January 5th, 2016
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group
Ang Lee in the shopping mall? Our pan-Asian restaurant with a cocktail flavour.
Kent Hahne, successful restauranteur and cofounder of restaurant chain Vapiano, launched GinYuu, his latest concept restaurant,in late 2013. GinYuuemploys restaurant chain elements like front cooking and chip payment, which have already proved successful at Vapiano. Other wise GinYuusignals a new gastronomic departure, offering a pan-Asian Pacific kitchen combined with a lounge concept and cocktail menu. A pilot restaurant in Bonn was followed in October 2014 by a second location in Stuttgart’s new Milaneo shopping mall. The latter was designed by IppolitoFleitz.
Image Courtesy © Zooey Braun
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group
- Project: GinYuu Stuttgart
- Location: Mailänder Platz 7, Stuttgart, Germany
- Photography: Zooey Braun
- Team: Peter Ippolito, Gunter Fleitz, Markus Schmidt, Tim Lessmann, Hanna Drechsel, Tobias Kroll
Axel Knapp, Kim Angenendt
- Client: Apeiron Restaurant & Retail Management Gmbh
- Illustrations: Farbenmetzgerei, Claudia Wagner
- Size: 360 m²
- Year: 10/2014
Tuesday, December 8th, 2015
Article source: Integrated Field co.,ltd.
Ingfah restaurant is a local cuisine, outdoor seating restaurant located in Khaolak, Phangnga, Thailand.
First time when we arrived the location, the site of this restaurant is surrounded by buildings and has no sea view. The most effective potentials left for this site was the lawn and the sky.
Image Courtesy © Integrated Field co.,ltd.
- Architects: Integrated Field co.,ltd.
- Project: INGFAH Restaurant
- Location: Khaolak, Phangnga, Thailand
- Owner: Haco Group (1991) Co.,Ltd. / Casa de la Flora, Khaolak
- Corporate identity: ChoochartNitijessadawong
- Main contractor: Mee-dee ad.
- Site area: 2040 sq.m.
- Gross area: 430 sq.m.
- Design: 2011
- Completed: 2012
- Cost: 5,000,000 Baht
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
Article source: DITTEL | ARCHITEKTEN
The architectural firm DITTEL | ARCHITEKTEN has developed and implemented a holistic new space concept for the nestor Hotel Neckarsulm. The redesign includes the entrance area with reception and lobby as well as the bar, lounge and restaurant and covers an area of 500 square metres. The change is aimed at presenting a clear design that welcomes and guides the guest while creating a pleasant atmosphere. The hotel was opened again in September 2015.
Wine bar with accessible wine cabinet, Image Courtesy © DITTEL | ARCHITEKTEN
- Architects: DITTEL | ARCHITEKTEN
- Project: Nestor Hotel Neckarsulm
- Location: Neckarsulm, Germany
- Software used: Vector Works