Archive for the ‘Shopping Mall’ Category
Thursday, March 9th, 2017
Article source: URBANTAINER
Common Ground is the result of an experiment of revitalising unused land in the middle of the city. By applying prefab methods, e.g. producing modules in a factory, transporting them to the construction site and assembling them on-site, it was possible to reduce the construction time of the 5300 m2 building to five months.
In order to maximise the usage efficiency of the elongated rectangular shaped land, the architectural form is based on a center square connecting two buildings.
Image Courtesy © URBANTAINER
- Architects: URBANTAINER
- Project: Common Ground
- Location: 17-1, Gwangjin-gu, Jayang-dong, Seoul and the 5 lands
- Construction: Kolon Environmental Service Co., Ltd.
- Structure Engineer: PAN Structural Engineering Inc.
- Client: Kolon Industries
- Structure Steel Frame Structure
- Modular Construction: Yoochang
- Landscape design:LIVESCAPE / Seungjong Yoo
- Building Scope: 4F / B1F
- Floor Area Ratio: 98.59%
- Building To Land Ratio: 40.8%
- Gross Floor Area: 5,060 sqm
- Building Area: 2,094 sqm
- Site Area: 5,132 sqm
- Completion Date: 2015.04.10
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The MyZeil Shopping Mall covers an area of 77,000 square meters, a structure that includes shops, leisure spaces, kids areas, restaurants, fitness center and parking.
The building is spread over 6 floors, the shopping area from level -1 to the third floor, while from the fourth floor, which serves as a square and meeting place, there are the fitness area and restaurants.
Image Courtesy © Karsten Monnerjahn
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: MyZeil
- Location: Grosse Eschenheimer Strasse 10-14, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Photography: Karsten Monnerjahn, Moreno Maggi and Gianmarco Chieregato
- Client: PalaisQuartier GmBH & CO., KG
- Structures: Knippers-Helbig Beratende Ingenieure, Stuttgart; Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure für das Bauwesen GmbH, Darmstadt
- Realization of the façade and covering: Waagner Biro Stahlbau AG, Wien
- Cost: 135,000,000 Euros
- Built surface: 77,000 sq.m.
- Façade: 8,500 sq.m.
- Cover: 13,000 sq.m.
- Period: 2002-2009
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: DROZDOV & PARTNERS Ltd.
Located in the very heart of kharkov’s busy downtown, ave plaza inevitably became a new commercial hub of the city, attracting visitors with a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as with its striking appearance. the new building fills a gap in the historic tissue along the red line of the street, providing smooth transition between two existing scales. although the building has a relatively small footprint, it proves to be highly efficient due to well thought-out circulation, which provides access to numerous facilities on each of the four commercial floors. in order to achieve maximum efficiency of the retail centre, the volume of the building is pierced by an ellipsoid atrium with a peninsular tower in the middle. the tower is occupied by a variety of restaurants, encouraging visitors to climb higher to the upper floors. the tower inside the atrium creates a lively atmosphere, without spoiling the sightlines and the entire visual perception of the interior space. occupying one fourth of the total area, the atrium represents an allusion to a city quarter. it is topped by a roof garden on the level of the fourth floor.
Image Courtesy © Andrey Avdeenko
- Architects: DROZDOV & PARTNERS Ltd. (Irina Goydenko, Oleg Drozdov, Vyacheslav Zhemir, Aleksandr Zhydkov, Dmitry Zhuykov, Denis Moseyko, Aleksey Yakymenko)
- Project: Ave Plaza
- Location: Sumskaya Str., Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Photography: Andrey Avdeenko
- Client: avek & co
- Size: 23400 m2
- Status: Realized (2011)
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017
Article source: The Buchan Group
The first stage of Chadstone’s $660 million redevelopment was recently unveiled, reinforcing the retail mecca’s infinite capacity for reinvention.
The latest revamp of the premier shopping and lifestyle destination delivers a centre unlike anything Australia has ever seen, introducing over 100 new retailers, two new dining precincts, a Hoyts digital cinema complex, the Southern Hemisphere’s first LEGOLAND Discovery Centre and a Tesla Motors dealership.
Image Courtesy © Michael Gazzola
- Architects: The Buchan Group + CallisonRTKL
- Project: Chadstone Shopping Centre
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Photography: Michael Gazzola
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: v2com
BEHF Corporate Architects of Vienna/Austria has won an Honorable Mention in the first annual AAP American Architecture Prize which recognizes the most outstanding architecture worldwide.
The architects won this in the category Architectural Design /Commercial Architecture for their project “Shopping Nord Graz“.
Shopping Center Nord Graz, Image Courtesy © Markus Kaiser
- Architects: BEHF Corporate Architects
- Project: Shopping Nord Graz
- Location: Wiener Straße 341, 8051 Graz, Austria
- Photography: Markus Kaiser
- Client: Kovac Management GmbH
- Design and concept: Armin Ebner
- Project Manager: Alexander Körözsi
- Collaboators: Christian Schwarzinger
- Area: 10.600 m2
- Project end date: July 2015
Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Located at the heart of the Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, China, and is just five minutes away from Macau, the project is positioned as both a tourist destination and a cultural/creative incubator for Southeast Asia. This mixed-use development features a retail ring which seamlessly links different experiences together while embracing a massive courtyard garden – the Heart of China Garden.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
Saturday, December 17th, 2016
Article source: HOLODECK architects
The new headquarters of the Austrian Post AG is embedded in the urban context by inclusion of surrounding buildings, urban street connections and local conditions. Additionally, the building is structurally complemented by the public space and the courtyards. Different roof top gardens on the 6th floor and several terraces on some floors offer the employees inspiration and recovery. The integration in the urban context is guided by the intention to take in consideration the surrounding existing buildings’ typologies, the street connections with the 3rd Viennese district as well as several local data. The construction body takes shape in relation with the surrounding building blocks with inner courts, the existing telecom building, the neighbouring apartment house AMS, low rise buildings and the Grete-Jost-Park.
Image Courtesy © Isochrom
- Architects: HOLODECK architects
- Project: Headquarter Post AG
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Visualization: Isochrom
- Client: Austrian Mail Courier Post AG
- Team: Marlies Breuss, Michael Ogertschnig, Hannes Zergoi, Peter Hundt, Michal Bugan, Chloe Priou, Karolina Wolny
- Size: 48000 m2
- Year: 2012-2013
Wednesday, November 9th, 2016
Article source: archdifusión
Cosmopol is a shopping mall located in the municipality of Coacalco, State of Mexico, to the north of Mexico City on José López Portillo avenue. This street connects the Mexico-Pachuca highway in Ecatepec and the Mexico-Querétaro highway in Tlalnepantla. The municipality is a strategic zone with a growing economy that is key to being considered an important center of local commerce.
Image Courtesy © Migdal Arquitectos
- Architects: Migdal Arquitectos (Jaime Varon, Alex Metta, Abraham Metta)
- Project: Cosmopol
- Location: Coacalco, Mexico
- Services: Executive project and Site management
- Total surface area: 65,000 m²
- Year: 2015
- Status: Built
Saturday, October 29th, 2016
Article source: Foster + Partners
The re-imagining of Apple Regent Street in London marks the continuing evolution of Apple, going beyond retail to create richer, more dynamic experiences for visitors. Its innovative design creates a relaxed environment, while incorporating Apple’s new features and services. The design is the result of a close collaboration between Apple’s teams led by Jonathan Ive, chief design officer and Angela Ahrendts, senior vice president of Retail and Foster + Partners.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Reimagined Apple Regent Street
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Nigel Young
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Article source: Girimun
Located in Haridwar, a touristic destination in Northern India, the 65,000 sqm mixed-use complex comprises of a shopping mall, office suites above and a business hotel operated by Radisson Group. Distribution of functions, access and circulation are carefully resolved to achieve a highly integrated mix of activities without jeopardising the desired degree of separation between each different environment and function.
Image Courtesy © Girimun
- Architects: Girimun
- Project: Pentagon Complex
- Location: Haridwar, India
- Client: Supertech Ltd
- Size: 60,000 m2
- Opening: 2010