Archive for the ‘Shopping Mall’ Category
Wednesday, November 9th, 2016
Article source: archdifusión
Cosmopol is a shopping mall located in the municipality of Coacalco, State of Mexico, to the north of Mexico City on José López Portillo avenue. This street connects the Mexico-Pachuca highway in Ecatepec and the Mexico-Querétaro highway in Tlalnepantla. The municipality is a strategic zone with a growing economy that is key to being considered an important center of local commerce.
Image Courtesy © Migdal Arquitectos
- Architects: Migdal Arquitectos (Jaime Varon, Alex Metta, Abraham Metta)
- Project: Cosmopol
- Location: Coacalco, Mexico
- Services: Executive project and Site management
- Total surface area: 65,000 m²
- Year: 2015
- Status: Built
Saturday, October 29th, 2016
Article source: Foster + Partners
The re-imagining of Apple Regent Street in London marks the continuing evolution of Apple, going beyond retail to create richer, more dynamic experiences for visitors. Its innovative design creates a relaxed environment, while incorporating Apple’s new features and services. The design is the result of a close collaboration between Apple’s teams led by Jonathan Ive, chief design officer and Angela Ahrendts, senior vice president of Retail and Foster + Partners.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Reimagined Apple Regent Street
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Nigel Young
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Article source: Girimun
Located in Haridwar, a touristic destination in Northern India, the 65,000 sqm mixed-use complex comprises of a shopping mall, office suites above and a business hotel operated by Radisson Group. Distribution of functions, access and circulation are carefully resolved to achieve a highly integrated mix of activities without jeopardising the desired degree of separation between each different environment and function.
Image Courtesy © Girimun
- Architects: Girimun
- Project: Pentagon Complex
- Location: Haridwar, India
- Client: Supertech Ltd
- Size: 60,000 m2
- Opening: 2010
Friday, June 24th, 2016
Article source: Vilalta Arquitectura
Xavier Vilalta´s major project in Ethiopia, Lideta Mercato, has finally topped out in Addis Ababa and is set to open this summer.
The Lideta Mercato was intended to be a shopping mall just like many others in the city of Addis Ababa. A rigorous analysis has identified the main issues of the existing malls in the city, which are commonly built using glazing structures. As a result, the buildings suffer uncomfortable thermal conditions and over-illumination in the interiors. The observation of the Old Mercato, the largest open air market in Africa, was an inspiration to redefine the program of the building, conceiving a multistory contemporary market instead of a conventional shopping mall based on large shops.
Image Courtesy © Gonzalo Guajardo
- Architects: Vilalta Arquitectura
- Project: Lideta Market
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Photography: Gonzalo Guajardo
- Client: Flintstone Engineering
- Director: Xavier Vilalta
- Project Leader: Maria Rosaria Favoino
- Project Team: Joao Medeiros, Miguel Sánchez Enkerlin, Reema Al-Ajlan, Daniel Vaczi
- Structural: K2N Engineering
- Mechanical & Sanitary: Abiy Aberra
- Data: Restricted competition: 1st Prize
- Surface: 14.200 m2
- Time: 2010-2016
Friday, November 6th, 2015
Article source: Maviperi Mimarlık
This project has started in 2010 and will be completed with the opening of the shopping mall in 2014. Started as a shopping mall, firstly an office building, later a five star hotel block was added to the project. The architecture and interior design of the five star hotel was designed according to the needs of Rotana group.
Image Courtesy © Maviperi Mimarlık
- Architects: Maviperi Mimarlık
- Project: Baghdad Shopping Mall and Rotana Hotel
- Location: Iraq, Baghdad
- Software used: Autocad and 3dmax
- EMPLOYER: Tefirom
- LAND AREA: 9000 m2
- CONSTRUCTION AREA: 45000 m2
- START / FINISH: 2009
Saturday, August 1st, 2015
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH Identity Architects
Württembergische Lebensversicherung AG owns a 14,000 m² plot of land at the south-western end of Stuttgart’s city centre.
Its former company headquarters were demolished in 2011 and replaced by an ambitious new urban development, comprising of retail, office and residential space. The competition for the building and external design was won by architectural firm Bernd Albers Berlin, while we were commissioned to design the interior for all public spaces and to develop a guidance and orientation system.
Image Courtesy © Sander & Bastian
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH Identity Architects
- Project: Das GERBER
- Location: Stuttgart, Germany
- Photography: Sander & Bastian
- Team: Gunter Fleitz, Peter Ippolito, Michael Bertram, Katja Heinemann, Tilla Goldberg, Axel Knapp, Tim Lessmann, Frank Peisert, Hatice Bilal, Jonas Hertwig, Lara Scholl, Magdalena Bauernfeind, Leonie Beck, Monther Abuhmeidan
- Client: Phoenix Real Estate GmbH
- Size: 5500 m² / sqm
- Year: 09/2014
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
“It is time for Cairo to witness the creation of an iconic sustainable building that would express the future of the city Victorious , after decades of urban degradation and also after the recent flip page of unrest – it represents the demand to look into the peak guidance into the future which developers would seek to track.»Abraj Misr
Our Client «Abraj Misr»is developing a new site in a very strategic location in Cairo, on al Nozha Street in Nasr City (vital street). The site is neighbored with large
projects, either already
constructed (e.g. City Stars) or
under Construction (e.g. Delta
Development Project on Al Nasr
Road), or potential projects (e.g. Al Tayyar Land on Al Nasr Road). The site enjoys strong connections to Cairo Airport and main Cairo Arteriessuch as Al Nasr Road (Auto Strad) and Al Orouba Road.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: THE GATE RESIDENCE
- Location: Heliopolis District, Cairo,Egypt
- CLIENT: Abraj Misr, Urban Development
- PROGRAM: 1000 Appartments, Offices and Shopping Mall
- SURFACE AREA: 450 000 M²
- BUDGET : EGP 4,5 bn.
- START OF THE CONSTRUCTION : March 2015
- DELIVERY: 2019
- CURRENT PHASE: Schematic Design / Building Permit
- GREEN CERTIFICATION: LEED Gold Plus
- LOCAL ARCHITECT: K&A Design, Injaz Development
- VCA’S TEAM: Agnès Martin, Jiaoyang Huang, Fabrice Zaini, MaguyDelrieu, Vincent Callebaut
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: Projekt Kolobrzeg
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT WAS TO ACCOMMODATE THE NEW SHOPPING MALL INTO THE ARCHITECTURAL MESS SURROUNDINGS AND CREATING THE NEUTRAL BACKGROUND FOR THE HISTORIC CHURCH BUILDING.
Image Courtesy © Projekt Kolobrzeg
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Article source: MOUNT FUJI ARCHITECTS STUDIO
The site is by the Station of the Yokohama suburban area, center of the emerging suburban district where the population of young families keeps growing.
Several large shopping facilities are scattered and form a unique suburban townscape, still it is hard to say that it is attractive enough as a town or an urban space, despite those attractive facilities, active urban planning and many young and energetic people.
Image Courtesy © Ken’ichi Suzuki.
- Architects: MOUNT FUJI ARCHITECTS STUDIO
- Project: YOTSUBAKO
- Photography: Ken’ichi Suzuki.
- Software used: Vectorworks (CAD Software)
- Principal use: tenant building
- Site area: 1335m2
- Building area: 1145.8m2
- Total floor area: 7187.1m2
- Number of stories: 8 story + 1 basement
- Structure: steel frame,partly steel reinforced concrete
- Design: 2008.1 – 2009.11
- Construction: 2010.2 – 2011.11
- Scope of works: schematic architectural design, developed design proposal, construction documents.
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
Article source: EeStairs America Inc.
Along a coastal main street in southern Honolulu, Hawaii, a large shopping plaza is remodeling its three, street level entryways that access its underground shops. As specified in the original design, all balustrades are curved as each staircase has flare characteristics, which in turn, gives the openings a complimentary circular nature.
Image Courtesy © EeStairs America Inc.
- Architects: EeStairs America Inc.
- Project: Waikiki Shopping Plaza
- Location: Hawaii, United States of America
- Architect: Nathan