Archive for the ‘Shopping Mall’ Category
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017
Article source: The Buchan Group
The first stage of Chadstone’s $660 million redevelopment was recently unveiled, reinforcing the retail mecca’s infinite capacity for reinvention.
The latest revamp of the premier shopping and lifestyle destination delivers a centre unlike anything Australia has ever seen, introducing over 100 new retailers, two new dining precincts, a Hoyts digital cinema complex, the Southern Hemisphere’s first LEGOLAND Discovery Centre and a Tesla Motors dealership.
Image Courtesy © Michael Gazzola
- Architects: The Buchan Group + CallisonRTKL
- Project: Chadstone Shopping Centre
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Photography: Michael Gazzola
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: v2com
BEHF Corporate Architects of Vienna/Austria has won an Honorable Mention in the first annual AAP American Architecture Prize which recognizes the most outstanding architecture worldwide.
The architects won this in the category Architectural Design /Commercial Architecture for their project “Shopping Nord Graz“.
Shopping Center Nord Graz, Image Courtesy © Markus Kaiser
- Architects: BEHF Corporate Architects
- Project: Shopping Nord Graz
- Location: Wiener Straße 341, 8051 Graz, Austria
- Photography: Markus Kaiser
- Client: Kovac Management GmbH
- Design and concept: Armin Ebner
- Project Manager: Alexander Körözsi
- Collaboators: Christian Schwarzinger
- Area: 10.600 m2
- Project end date: July 2015
Thursday, January 12th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Located at the heart of the Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, China, and is just five minutes away from Macau, the project is positioned as both a tourist destination and a cultural/creative incubator for Southeast Asia. This mixed-use development features a retail ring which seamlessly links different experiences together while embracing a massive courtyard garden – the Heart of China Garden.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
Saturday, December 17th, 2016
Article source: HOLODECK architects
The new headquarters of the Austrian Post AG is embedded in the urban context by inclusion of surrounding buildings, urban street connections and local conditions. Additionally, the building is structurally complemented by the public space and the courtyards. Different roof top gardens on the 6th floor and several terraces on some floors offer the employees inspiration and recovery. The integration in the urban context is guided by the intention to take in consideration the surrounding existing buildings’ typologies, the street connections with the 3rd Viennese district as well as several local data. The construction body takes shape in relation with the surrounding building blocks with inner courts, the existing telecom building, the neighbouring apartment house AMS, low rise buildings and the Grete-Jost-Park.
Image Courtesy © Isochrom
- Architects: HOLODECK architects
- Project: Headquarter Post AG
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Visualization: Isochrom
- Client: Austrian Mail Courier Post AG
- Team: Marlies Breuss, Michael Ogertschnig, Hannes Zergoi, Peter Hundt, Michal Bugan, Chloe Priou, Karolina Wolny
- Size: 48000 m2
- Year: 2012-2013
Wednesday, November 9th, 2016
Article source: archdifusión
Cosmopol is a shopping mall located in the municipality of Coacalco, State of Mexico, to the north of Mexico City on José López Portillo avenue. This street connects the Mexico-Pachuca highway in Ecatepec and the Mexico-Querétaro highway in Tlalnepantla. The municipality is a strategic zone with a growing economy that is key to being considered an important center of local commerce.
Image Courtesy © Migdal Arquitectos
- Architects: Migdal Arquitectos (Jaime Varon, Alex Metta, Abraham Metta)
- Project: Cosmopol
- Location: Coacalco, Mexico
- Services: Executive project and Site management
- Total surface area: 65,000 m²
- Year: 2015
- Status: Built
Saturday, October 29th, 2016
Article source: Foster + Partners
The re-imagining of Apple Regent Street in London marks the continuing evolution of Apple, going beyond retail to create richer, more dynamic experiences for visitors. Its innovative design creates a relaxed environment, while incorporating Apple’s new features and services. The design is the result of a close collaboration between Apple’s teams led by Jonathan Ive, chief design officer and Angela Ahrendts, senior vice president of Retail and Foster + Partners.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Reimagined Apple Regent Street
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Nigel Young
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Article source: Girimun
Located in Haridwar, a touristic destination in Northern India, the 65,000 sqm mixed-use complex comprises of a shopping mall, office suites above and a business hotel operated by Radisson Group. Distribution of functions, access and circulation are carefully resolved to achieve a highly integrated mix of activities without jeopardising the desired degree of separation between each different environment and function.
Image Courtesy © Girimun
- Architects: Girimun
- Project: Pentagon Complex
- Location: Haridwar, India
- Client: Supertech Ltd
- Size: 60,000 m2
- Opening: 2010
Friday, June 24th, 2016
Article source: Vilalta Arquitectura
Xavier Vilalta´s major project in Ethiopia, Lideta Mercato, has finally topped out in Addis Ababa and is set to open this summer.
The Lideta Mercato was intended to be a shopping mall just like many others in the city of Addis Ababa. A rigorous analysis has identified the main issues of the existing malls in the city, which are commonly built using glazing structures. As a result, the buildings suffer uncomfortable thermal conditions and over-illumination in the interiors. The observation of the Old Mercato, the largest open air market in Africa, was an inspiration to redefine the program of the building, conceiving a multistory contemporary market instead of a conventional shopping mall based on large shops.
Image Courtesy © Gonzalo Guajardo
- Architects: Vilalta Arquitectura
- Project: Lideta Market
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Photography: Gonzalo Guajardo
- Client: Flintstone Engineering
- Director: Xavier Vilalta
- Project Leader: Maria Rosaria Favoino
- Project Team: Joao Medeiros, Miguel Sánchez Enkerlin, Reema Al-Ajlan, Daniel Vaczi
- Structural: K2N Engineering
- Mechanical & Sanitary: Abiy Aberra
- Data: Restricted competition: 1st Prize
- Surface: 14.200 m2
- Time: 2010-2016
Friday, November 6th, 2015
Article source: Maviperi Mimarlık
This project has started in 2010 and will be completed with the opening of the shopping mall in 2014. Started as a shopping mall, firstly an office building, later a five star hotel block was added to the project. The architecture and interior design of the five star hotel was designed according to the needs of Rotana group.
Image Courtesy © Maviperi Mimarlık
- Architects: Maviperi Mimarlık
- Project: Baghdad Shopping Mall and Rotana Hotel
- Location: Iraq, Baghdad
- Software used: Autocad and 3dmax
- EMPLOYER: Tefirom
- LAND AREA: 9000 m2
- CONSTRUCTION AREA: 45000 m2
- START / FINISH: 2009
Saturday, August 1st, 2015
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH Identity Architects
Württembergische Lebensversicherung AG owns a 14,000 m² plot of land at the south-western end of Stuttgart’s city centre.
Its former company headquarters were demolished in 2011 and replaced by an ambitious new urban development, comprising of retail, office and residential space. The competition for the building and external design was won by architectural firm Bernd Albers Berlin, while we were commissioned to design the interior for all public spaces and to develop a guidance and orientation system.
Image Courtesy © Sander & Bastian
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH Identity Architects
- Project: Das GERBER
- Location: Stuttgart, Germany
- Photography: Sander & Bastian
- Team: Gunter Fleitz, Peter Ippolito, Michael Bertram, Katja Heinemann, Tilla Goldberg, Axel Knapp, Tim Lessmann, Frank Peisert, Hatice Bilal, Jonas Hertwig, Lara Scholl, Magdalena Bauernfeind, Leonie Beck, Monther Abuhmeidan
- Client: Phoenix Real Estate GmbH
- Size: 5500 m² / sqm
- Year: 09/2014