Archive for the ‘Shopping Mall’ Category
Friday, June 24th, 2016
Article source: Vilalta Arquitectura
Xavier Vilalta´s major project in Ethiopia, Lideta Mercato, has finally topped out in Addis Ababa and is set to open this summer.
The Lideta Mercato was intended to be a shopping mall just like many others in the city of Addis Ababa. A rigorous analysis has identified the main issues of the existing malls in the city, which are commonly built using glazing structures. As a result, the buildings suffer uncomfortable thermal conditions and over-illumination in the interiors. The observation of the Old Mercato, the largest open air market in Africa, was an inspiration to redefine the program of the building, conceiving a multistory contemporary market instead of a conventional shopping mall based on large shops.
Image Courtesy © Gonzalo Guajardo
- Architects: Vilalta Arquitectura
- Project: Lideta Market
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Photography: Gonzalo Guajardo
- Client: Flintstone Engineering
- Director: Xavier Vilalta
- Project Leader: Maria Rosaria Favoino
- Project Team: Joao Medeiros, Miguel Sánchez Enkerlin, Reema Al-Ajlan, Daniel Vaczi
- Structural: K2N Engineering
- Mechanical & Sanitary: Abiy Aberra
- Data: Restricted competition: 1st Prize
- Surface: 14.200 m2
- Time: 2010-2016
Friday, November 6th, 2015
Article source: Maviperi Mimarlık
This project has started in 2010 and will be completed with the opening of the shopping mall in 2014. Started as a shopping mall, firstly an office building, later a five star hotel block was added to the project. The architecture and interior design of the five star hotel was designed according to the needs of Rotana group.
Image Courtesy © Maviperi Mimarlık
- Architects: Maviperi Mimarlık
- Project: Baghdad Shopping Mall and Rotana Hotel
- Location: Iraq, Baghdad
- Software used: Autocad and 3dmax
- EMPLOYER: Tefirom
- LAND AREA: 9000 m2
- CONSTRUCTION AREA: 45000 m2
- START / FINISH: 2009
Saturday, August 1st, 2015
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH Identity Architects
Württembergische Lebensversicherung AG owns a 14,000 m² plot of land at the south-western end of Stuttgart’s city centre.
Its former company headquarters were demolished in 2011 and replaced by an ambitious new urban development, comprising of retail, office and residential space. The competition for the building and external design was won by architectural firm Bernd Albers Berlin, while we were commissioned to design the interior for all public spaces and to develop a guidance and orientation system.
Image Courtesy © Sander & Bastian
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH Identity Architects
- Project: Das GERBER
- Location: Stuttgart, Germany
- Photography: Sander & Bastian
- Team: Gunter Fleitz, Peter Ippolito, Michael Bertram, Katja Heinemann, Tilla Goldberg, Axel Knapp, Tim Lessmann, Frank Peisert, Hatice Bilal, Jonas Hertwig, Lara Scholl, Magdalena Bauernfeind, Leonie Beck, Monther Abuhmeidan
- Client: Phoenix Real Estate GmbH
- Size: 5500 m² / sqm
- Year: 09/2014
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
“It is time for Cairo to witness the creation of an iconic sustainable building that would express the future of the city Victorious , after decades of urban degradation and also after the recent flip page of unrest – it represents the demand to look into the peak guidance into the future which developers would seek to track.»Abraj Misr
Our Client «Abraj Misr»is developing a new site in a very strategic location in Cairo, on al Nozha Street in Nasr City (vital street). The site is neighbored with large
projects, either already
constructed (e.g. City Stars) or
under Construction (e.g. Delta
Development Project on Al Nasr
Road), or potential projects (e.g. Al Tayyar Land on Al Nasr Road). The site enjoys strong connections to Cairo Airport and main Cairo Arteriessuch as Al Nasr Road (Auto Strad) and Al Orouba Road.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: THE GATE RESIDENCE
- Location: Heliopolis District, Cairo,Egypt
- CLIENT: Abraj Misr, Urban Development
- PROGRAM: 1000 Appartments, Offices and Shopping Mall
- SURFACE AREA: 450 000 M²
- BUDGET : EGP 4,5 bn.
- START OF THE CONSTRUCTION : March 2015
- DELIVERY: 2019
- CURRENT PHASE: Schematic Design / Building Permit
- GREEN CERTIFICATION: LEED Gold Plus
- LOCAL ARCHITECT: K&A Design, Injaz Development
- VCA’S TEAM: Agnès Martin, Jiaoyang Huang, Fabrice Zaini, MaguyDelrieu, Vincent Callebaut
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: Projekt Kolobrzeg
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT WAS TO ACCOMMODATE THE NEW SHOPPING MALL INTO THE ARCHITECTURAL MESS SURROUNDINGS AND CREATING THE NEUTRAL BACKGROUND FOR THE HISTORIC CHURCH BUILDING.
Image Courtesy © Projekt Kolobrzeg
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Article source: MOUNT FUJI ARCHITECTS STUDIO
The site is by the Station of the Yokohama suburban area, center of the emerging suburban district where the population of young families keeps growing.
Several large shopping facilities are scattered and form a unique suburban townscape, still it is hard to say that it is attractive enough as a town or an urban space, despite those attractive facilities, active urban planning and many young and energetic people.
Image Courtesy © Ken’ichi Suzuki.
- Architects: MOUNT FUJI ARCHITECTS STUDIO
- Project: YOTSUBAKO
- Photography: Ken’ichi Suzuki.
- Software used: Vectorworks (CAD Software)
- Principal use: tenant building
- Site area: 1335m2
- Building area: 1145.8m2
- Total floor area: 7187.1m2
- Number of stories: 8 story + 1 basement
- Structure: steel frame,partly steel reinforced concrete
- Design: 2008.1 – 2009.11
- Construction: 2010.2 – 2011.11
- Scope of works: schematic architectural design, developed design proposal, construction documents.
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
Article source: EeStairs America Inc.
Along a coastal main street in southern Honolulu, Hawaii, a large shopping plaza is remodeling its three, street level entryways that access its underground shops. As specified in the original design, all balustrades are curved as each staircase has flare characteristics, which in turn, gives the openings a complimentary circular nature.
Image Courtesy © EeStairs America Inc.
- Architects: EeStairs America Inc.
- Project: Waikiki Shopping Plaza
- Location: Hawaii, United States of America
- Architect: Nathan
Saturday, April 20th, 2013
Article source: Benthem Crouwel Architects
The shopping mall ´Forum Mittelrhein´ and the Kulturbau Koblenz, which is constructed now, together form the design for the redevelopment of the Zentralplatz, the central square of Koblenz. The Zentralplatz not only connects the various districts of Koblenz with each other but also has an important function as a public transport interchange and place where various pedestrian flows come together.
Image Courtesy © Jens Kirchner
- Architects: Benthem Crouwel Architects
- Project: Kulturbau and Mall
- Location: Zentralplatz 2, 56068 Koblenz, Germany
- Photography: Jens Kirchner
- Client: ECE Project management GmbH & Co. KG
- Project Team: Markus Sporer, Marcel Blom, Anna Gerlach, Noortje ter Heege, Tina Kortmann, Sascha Rullkötter, Cornelius Wens, Sander Vijgen, Benedikt Krienen, Anna Böll, Frank Deltrap
- Contractor: Züblin GmbH
- Construction Engineers: IDN Ingenieure, Duisburg
- Technical Engineers: Technic Air, Hamburg
- Fire Safety: HHP West, Bielefeld
- Landscape Architects: Kubus Freiraumplanung, Wetzlar
- Start design: 2007
- Start construction: 2010
- Completion: 2012
- Gross floor area:
Mall: 42.500 m²
Kulturbau: 18.600 m²
Parking Space: 25.000 m²
- Sustainability: Certification in gold from the Deutsche Gesellschaft für nachhaltiges Bauen (German Sustainable Building Council – DGNB)
Saturday, March 16th, 2013
Article source: Spark Architects
Starhill Gallery is perhaps Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic shopping mall, featuring an extraordinary array of luxury shops and fine dining restaurants. Spark’s design proposal dealt with the reinvention of the existing façade of Starhill Gallery facing Bukit Bintang. This reinvention of Starhill Gallery is designed by Stephen Pimbley, founding director of Spark and the architect behind Singapore’s hugely popular Clarke Quay.
Image Courtesy © Lin Ho
- Architects: Spark Architects
- Project: Starhill Gallery
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Photography: Lin Ho
- Principal Architect: Stephan Pimbley
- Project Architect: Michael Gibert
- Team: Darmaganda, Kim-Lee Tan, Sevena Lee, Wenhui Lim
- Local Architect: A.Mariadass Architect
- Lightning Designer: Snfor Sdn Bhd
- Structural Consultant: RFR Shanghai
- Main Contractor: Syarikat Pembenaan Yeoh Tiong Lay Sdn Bhd (SPYTL)
- M&E: Syarikat Pembenaan Yeoh Tiong Lay Sdn Bhd (SPYTL)
- Building Area: 2,000sqm
- Design Period: April 2009 to August 2010
- Construction Period: September 2010 to July 2011
Friday, March 15th, 2013
Article source: De Karel Doorman
De Karel Doorman consists of the renovation of a shopping building: Ter Meulen and an added residential building. Restoration and new-build The new residential building is up to 70 metres in height and includes 114 apartments. It is built on top of the Ter
Meulen building in Rotterdam. This is an unusual project as the new building literally rests on the columns and foundations of the existing structure. The only additions are a pair of concrete lift shafts which also provide stability. The construction technique is unconventional for a project in the Netherlands, as the main structure is in steel instead of heavy stone-like materials as concrete and limestone.
Image Courtesy © Ossip van Duivenbode
- Architects: Ibelings van Tilburg Architecten
- Project: De Karel Doorman
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode, J. Versnel en J.F.H. Roovers
- Clients: DW Nieuwbouw
- Consultants: Marcel Vermeer, Jessica Scholtes
- Start of construction and handover: June 2006 (start build), June 2010 (restart build), November 2012 (handover)
- Number of homes: 114 apartments
- Surface: 10.500 m2 retail, 4.000 m2 parking
- Contractor: van Wijnen Dordrecht, Dordrecht
- Constructor: Royal Haskoning DHV, Den Haag
- Advisor: Peutz Associes, Zoetermeer
- Installations Advisor: Wichers & Dreef, Badhoevedorp
- Artist’s impressions: Face Reality, Rotterdam
- Project number: 1557
- Software used: Arkey