Archive for the ‘STORE’ Category
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
Apple Orchard Road is the first Apple Flagship in Singapore, highlighting its role as a global centre for creativity. Its design reflects the vibrancy and innovative spirit of the city-state. The project is another example of the close collaboration between Foster + Partners and the design team at Apple led by chief design officer, Sir Jonathan Ive and Angela Ahrendts, senior vice president of Retail and Online Stores. Located along the tree-lined avenue, Orchard Road – at the heart of the garden city – the flagship aims to create a new social focus, while working with nature. It blurs the boundaries between inside and outside.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
From The Wall Street Journal to Elle, and Architectural Digest to The Lonely Planet city guide; Groos has been named as a leading example for promoting contemporary goings-on in the world of design, art, food and culture in Rotterdam. The one-of-a-kind 300m2 concept store is also heading in a different direction focusing more on high-end design, art, and collaborations with a range of creatives, yet still staying true to its original concept: to promote local talent from Rotterdam to a wide audience. The store’s distinct bright pink wall displays original artworks, and its custom-made mint green candy counter is designed by Sabine Marcelis.
Image Courtesy © Ossip van Duivenbode
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Concept Store Groos
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode
- Client: Groos
- Design Team: Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs, Nathalie de Vries with Fokke Moerel, Elien Deceuninck, William de Ronde and Jun Xiang Zhang
- Contractor: Goudsesingel Onderhoud
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: Dear Design
DearDesign has unveiled the design of the second MYNT store, which has 22m2 and is located in the SPLAU shopping center in Cornellá, Barcelona.
The premise for the design was to create an iconic space that reflected the fresh and cosmopolitan spirit of the brand, following the thread of the first store, with a concept adaptable to any property and versatile when exposing the product. It should also be a design that could be quickly built and with a moderate cost.
Image Courtesy © Xavi Torrent
- Architects: Dear Design
- Project: New Mynt Store
- Location: Cornellá, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Xavi Torrent
- Creative director: Ignasi Llauradó
- Collaborators: Juan Verdeguer, Anna Garreta, Adriana Camps
- Year: 2017
Sunday, June 11th, 2017
Article source: EFEEME arquitectos
The concept of the project was originated from the same idea that gave the name to the store. The symbolic and playful spirit of SANTAS (y no tan…) DE LA MODA -in English FASHION SAINTS (and not so)-, enables the fusion of historical and contemporary elements of architecture, art, photography and fashion.
Image Courtesy © Gonzalo Viramonte
- Architects: EFEEME arquitectos (Flavio Diaz, Marina Alves Carneiro)
- Project: SANTAS [tienda de moda femenina]
- Location: Villa María, Córdoba, Argentina
- Photography: Gonzalo Viramonte
- Textile intervention: Florencia Carranza
- Brand Designer: Aldana Cismondi
- Furniture: Emilia Balacco / moDi
- Area: 50 m2
- Project year: 2017
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: URBAN AGENCY
The Shoe Shelf Store is a new flagship store for stüben fuß & schuh in Neumünster, Germany.
The transparent two-story building seamlessly integrates display, façade and urban performance.
Founded in 1895, stüben fuß & schuh has a long tradition as orthopedic shoemakers and shoe retailers.
Image Courtesy © Urban Agency
- Architects: URBAN AGENCY
- Project: Shoe Shop
- Location: Neumünster, Germany
- Photography: Thomas Berberich, Urban Agency
- Client: stüben fuß & schuh
- Team: Urban Agency, Esplant (local architect)
- Interior Design: Urban Agency in collaboration with Schmitt Ladenbau
- Budget: 850.000 Euro
- Size: 340m2
Thursday, May 4th, 2017
Article source: v2com
There are many ways to express a brand; It could be a monotonous expression, or a diversified presentation. It is similar to magazine in this regard. A magazine has an unified tonality and values, it starts contact with readers through different contents, but a brand connects to clients through different products. It’s logicality, upgrade ability, and continuity have something in common.
The diversified way of life, Image Courtesy © Shao Feng
- Architects: RIGI Design
- Project: Magmode of Hangzhou Kerry Center Store
- Location: Chengdu, Hangzhou Shi, China
- Photography: Shao Feng
- Chief Designer: Liu Kai
- Design Team: Liao Wan-Tong
- Author: Liu Kai
- Main Materials: Metal Plate, Baking Varnish, Felt, Art Paint, Leather
- Area: 250M2
- Design Time: 2016.08
- Built Time: 2016.11
Friday, April 28th, 2017
Article source: Maincourse Architect
ROOM Concept Store takes inspiration from the idea of a “designer’s studio”, a place where designs are derived and processed, where visitors explore, experiment, and appreciate creative thinking in an intriguing way.
The challenge is how the store could display these products in harmony without compromising their outstanding identities. The store is located in renovated space with limitation in width and height. Physical challenge of the site is to circulate traffic efficiently within the low-ceiling elongated site.
Image Courtesy © Maincourse Architect
- Architects: Maincourse Architect
- Project: ROOM Concept Store Siam Discovery
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
Article source: URBANTAINER Co.,LTD.
Located in Hongdae, DAS107 is an iconic store that—in collaboration with street culture specialist Kasina—represents adidas’ top-of-the-line products such as adidas Consortium limited items and other selected pieces. With its roots in Busan, Kasina began as selector and importer of street culture brands. For this collaboration project with adidas, the two brands’ objective is to select Korea’s most premium products and create a community space for sneaker nerds to experience the deep histories and designs.
Image Courtesy © Young Kim_Indiphos
- Architects: URBANTAINER Co.,LTD.
- Project: Adidas Concept Store ‘DAS 107 by kasina’
- Location: 74, Wawoosan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Photography: Young Kim_Indiphos
- Client: adidas Korea
- Creative Director: Younjin Jeong, Jinyoung Yoon
- Space Design Team:Hyunwoo Sa
- Brand Design Team: Minjeong Choi
- Area: 114.23m²
Friday, March 17th, 2017
Article source: [A+M]2 Architects
The former Pellizzari’s pumps factory was still as it was during the production, before it was left abandoned. The site – the [B] zone – showed the ravages of time and the sequence of layers that have been added time after time.
The project, then, comes from the industrial nature and the peculiar materials of the site – concrete and steel – and aims to preserve all the distinctive features of the building. One more layer only has been added: the exterior platform in black concrete.
Image Courtesy © Davide Pretto
- Architects: [A+M]2 Architects
- Project: The [B] Zone | 1882 Concept Store
- Location: Via Alberti, 13 – 36071 Arzignano [VI] – Italy
- Photography: Davide Pretto
- Lead Architects: PhD Arch. Marcello Galiotto, Arch. Alessandra Rampazzo
- Collaborators: Arch. Mario Azzarello, Arch. Nicolò Conte, Andrea Roverato
- Graphic: EY STUDIO
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 1.200 m2
- Completion Year: 2016
Friday, January 13th, 2017
Article source: PIUARCH
The Russian brand of jewellery and objects, Amber&Art, opens its first flagship store in Saint Petersburg.
The boutique – developed by Milanese Studio Piuarch – is located in the city center, inside the famous Antonov’s Merchant House built in 1824 by architect Domenico Adamini.
Image Courtesy © PIUARCH
- Architects: PIUARCH
- Project: Amber&Art
- Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia