At San George, Amsterdam’s latest hot spot, graphic patterns and bold colors take the well known George bistro style to a glamourous new level. The restaurant is in the former entrance area of the AMJV (the Dutch equivalent of the YMCA). The building is from 1928 and was built in the Amsterdamse School style by the well known Amsterdam architect Foeke Kuipers.
Currently the building is a NH hotel and is located in the city centre next to the Leidse Square.
At 119 Howard, the focus is on the space as a stage in the theatre of life. Set in what was originally a mechanics workshop, 119 Howard st, North Melbourne is the next chapter in Joseph Haddad’s Melbourne coffee empire. The space is a warm tonal interplay of existing spatial elements with natural light and materiality, and uses residential references to create an environment that is a ’home away from home’.
Article source: Townsend and Associates Architects
In designing this new building within the Chinese Embassy compound to enclose an existing 25 x 10m in ground swimming pool, Townsend + Associates Architects have provided a place of reflection and beauty; a building that allows its users to bathe in light as well as water.
Winner in March 2012 of the competition organized by the City of Nantes : a building shared by the Conservatory of Nantes and the Academy of performing arts of Bretagne-Pays de la Loire. Together with the new cultural practices that dance and music arouse, the design of this building follows their alterations and allows opening those practices towards a contemporary culture.
An integral refurbishment of an existing villa at Puerto de Andratx, Mallorca. Spain, designed by the team JAIME SALVÁ, Architecture & Interior Design.
Located only 3 minutes away from the harbour side and enjoys some of the best views ever. On the east side you have a full view of the harbour with its beautiful lights at nighttime and on the west side fabulous open sea views. On clear days you can even see Ibiza on the horizon.
Our intention for these three blocks, which were doomed to a standardized housing estate operation, was to recreate an integrated part of the town, rich in different lifestyles and strong in terms of developing a neighborhood.
The site for this art studio facility was an abandoned tennis court at the heart of the campus. The School had originally been a private country estate, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted Brothers and most of the original features remain. The original owners gifted the property to the School in the late 1930’s but the majority of the original architecture was lost in a tragic fire in the early 1960’s. A new complex was built along with several dorms and all were designed by the same architect, John Carter. The campus therefore has a very cohesive “mid-century modern” aesthetic.