Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Article source: act_romegialli
The client’s requirement was for a pavilion to be connected to the main historic house causing the least visual interference with the surrounding parkland. The pavilion was for an indoor pool, and some space for fitness, service and leisure in a climate controlled space.
Image Courtesy © Marcello Mariana
- Architects: act_romegialli
- Project: ROCCOLO’S SWIMMING POOL
- Location: Alta Brianza, Italy
- Photography: Marcello Mariana
- Design team: Gianmatteo Romegialli, Angela Maria Romegialli, Erika Gaggia
- Client: Private
- Landscape: Emanuele bortolotti – ag&p
- Typology: Pavillion with swimming pool and conservatory
- Completion of work: 2015 (more…)
Sunday, May 24th, 2015
Article source: VenhoevenCS architecture+urbanism
Sports and recreation centre Nekkerpool (serving the province of Antwerp in Belgium) offers a range of indoor and outdoor activities, and the addition of a swimming pool to the programme will make the package even more complete. The architects challenge was to seize the opportunity to give the Nekker recreation centre as a whole a facelift, in addition to designing a modern and sustainable swimming pool. The site revolves around the new entrance area, where a pedestrian bridge makes the connection between the existing and new complex.
Image Courtesy © Filip Dujardin
- Architects: VenhoevenCS architecture+urbanism
- Project: Nekkerpool
- Location: Nekkerspoel-Borcht, Mechelen, Belgium
- Photography: Filip Dujardin
- Program: New construction of swimming pool complex to be added to existing sports complex with competition pool, instruction pool, special needs pool, gallery, dining facilities, playground and free-standing entrance pavilion. Complete renovation of existing dining (including some new construction) and kitchen areas. New construction of outdoor space including recreational water elements.
- Assignment: Construction management, PD, FD, specifications, working drawings, aesthetic management, main contracting, after-sales
- Client: Province of Antwerp, Infrastructure Department
- Team: Ton Venhoeven, Manfred Wansink, Maarten Bax, Jos-Willem van Oorschot, Gabriel Boutsema, Wouter de Haas, Niels Boswinkel, Eelco Bergman, Roland Herpel (more…)
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Article source: Germán del Sol
17 slate covered pools of natural hot springs waters that flow in plenty along a mountain stream, in the midst of the native forest of the Villarrica National Park in Chile’s southern Lake Country,450 miles south of Santiago.
Image Courtesy © Germán del Sol
- Architects: Germán del Sol
- Project: TERMAS GEOMETRICAS HOT SPRINGS COMPLEX
- Location: Coñaripe, Villarrica National Park, Km 16, road from Coñaripe to Palguín, Los Lagos Region, Chile
- Colaborators: José Luis Ibañez, Architect, Carlos Venegas, Architect, José Inostroza
- Structural Engineering: Fernando del Sol V
- Job Captain: Eliseo Barriga
- Surface Area: 2.290 sqm,Site Area: 4.700 sqm, Changing Rooms (17) 79 sqm, Bathrooms (4) 19 sqm, Quincho (meeting place) 60 sqm, Pools (17) 507 sqm, Wooden Paths 476 m long.
- Consultant: Sanitary Consultant, Francisco Cervantes.
- 1st Project Phase Dates: 2002 – 2004.
- 2nd Project Phase Dates: 2007 – 2009.
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source: Studio Stag
Kaleydo Hotel is a hospitality project located in Gili Trawangan island of Lombok, Indonesia. The client asked for a contemporary concept which considers the vernacular character of the area. Without being in so much resemblance of the aesthetics and style of Indonesian architecture, StudiSTAG started analyzing the vernacular in a function and usefulness guidance. A more contemporary approach reached by evaluating the ratios of the vernacular, rationalizing the Indonesian style and using the local techniques and materials.
Image Courtesy © Studio Stag
- Architects: Studio Stag
- Project: Kaleydo Hotel
- Location: Lombok, Indonesia
- Software used: 3dsmax and rhinoceros
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Article source: A2arquitectos
Spanish firm A2arquitectos has created a new area, an extension of recreational activities and an entertainment for our young guests from the hotel Castell dels Hams.
Image Courtesy © A2arquitectos
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Article source: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
The swimming pool of the neighborhood Kibitzenau in Strasbourg, which was first opened in 1965, has an Olympic pool with 8 lanes. Besides its function as a public swimming pool, it is used by the professional swimmers of the Alsace region and the local water polo team.
Image Courtesy © David Boureau
- Architects: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Project: RESTRUCTURING AND EXTENSION OF A POOL OF Kibitzenau STRASBOURG
- Location: 1, rue de la Kibitzenau, STRASBOURG – Meinau
- Photography: David Boureau
- Client: Communauté Urbaine de Strasbourg
- Team: Quadriplus Groupe (Engineering)
- Surface: 6 501 m²
- Cost: 21.5 M€excl.VAT
- Completion: July2014
Friday, October 10th, 2014
Article source: BASALT Arkitektar
Hofsos is a small fishing village in the northern part of Iceland. It consists of small scale traditional Icelandic houses from the early twenties. The small scale of the surrounding village has been an inspiration in the design process of the swimming pool.
The site of the pool is by the coast on the main street leading to the village. From the site there is a magnificent view towards the Atlantic Ocean where the island Drangey lies in the horizon. In the wintertime the distant lights from the village of Saudarkrokur can be seen on the opposite shore.
Image Courtesy © Guðmundur Benediktsson
- Architects: BASALT Arkitektar
- Project: Hofsos swimming pool
- Location: Hofsos, Iceland
- Photography: Rafn Sigurbjornsson, Gudmundur Benediktsson
- Design team: Sigridur Sigthorsdottir, Marcos Zotes, Rosa Dogg Thorsteinsdottir, Johann Hardarson
- Program: Swimming pool facilities
- Head Designer: BASALT Architects
- Partner in charge: Sigridur Sigthorsdottir
- Lighting design: Gudjon L. Sigurdsson
- Client: Private
- Construction date: 2010
- Area: 400m2
Sunday, June 29th, 2014
Article source: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
This project was for the design of the common areas of the residential complex Skyview located in Colonia del Valle in Mexico City. The spaces are: lobby, gym, children area, SPA, swimming pool and general circulations. The result maintains the contemporary atmosphere of all the complex, but with special elements for each area to create the individual functionality of each one.
Image Courtesy © Jaime Navarro
- Architects: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Project: SKYVIEW RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX COMMON AREAS
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Jaime Navarro
- Year: 2011
- Area: 660 m2
- Construction and site supervision: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Materials: Marble, wood, glass, stone, aluminum and steel
- Furniture: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea, Mobica
Wednesday, June 25th, 2014
Article source: Studio 3LHD
Lone Outdoor Pools are located in a sheltered and naturally preserved Lone bay and they represent the natural continuation of Hotel Lone outdoor spaces, in the Zlatni Rt (Golden Cape) forest park.
The project includes three outdoor pools and an accompanying terrace with sun bathing terraces, swimming pool facilities, an open stage and a restaurant. The relax and aqua-fun pool are interconnected with a waterfall, the shallow children’s pool is separated. They have a total water area of 1054m2.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado
- Architects: Studio 3LHD
- Project: Lone Outdoor Pool
- Location: Rovinj, Croatia
- Photography: Joao Morgado
- Program: Public, leisure, hospitality, tourism
- Status: Completed
- Project start date: 10.01.2011
- Project end date: 15.02.2011
- Construction start date: 16.01.2012
- Construction end date: 31.05.2013
- Site (m2): 4675
- Size – pools (m2): 2473
- Size – restaurant (m2): 320
- Volume (m3): 2993
- Client: Maistra d.d.
- Project management: Abilia d.o.o.
- Project team: Saša Begović, Marko Dabrović, Tatjana Grozdanić Begović, Silvije Novak, Paula Kukuljica, Eugen Popović, Leon Lazaneo, Dragana Šimić, Dijana Vandekar, Nevena Kuzmanić, Vibor Granić, Kristina Marković, Ida Ister
- Landscape design: Studio Kappo
- Software used: AutoCAD and ArchiCAD
Saturday, April 12th, 2014
Article source: Francisco Mangado
To provide the small rural sites of the area with sports facilities, the Provincial Government ofLa Coruñalaunched a series of architecture competitions, by which swimming pools and gymnasiums have been built in consecutive phases starting from a series of prototypes that each City Council could choose. Thought out as a generic solution for an area with no distinct features, the prototype selected by the municipalities of Oleiros, Melide, Fene and Pobra do Caramiñal indirectly points at the rain as the common aspect of the Galician landscape. A convex roof shaped as a large gutter is thereby proposed as the identifying feature of the project which, on the other hand, is marked by its compactness and capacity to adjust to different urban characteristics.
Image Courtesy © César San Millán
- Architects: Francisco Mangado
- Project: PROTOTYPE FOR INDOOR SWIMMING POOLS
- Location: LA CORUÑA, Spain
- Photography: Roland Halbe, César San Millán
- Total area: 2.100 m2 (cada piscina).
- Final cost: 1.081.821,00 € (each swimming pool)
- Date of project: Oleiros y Fene 1998, Melide 1999, Pobra do Caramiñal 2002
- Date of construction: Oleiros, 2001., Fene 2002., Melide 2002., Pobra do Caramiñal. En construcción.
- Client: Excma. Diputación de La Coruña., Servicio de Arquitectura (Fernando Cebrián – Arquitecto).
- Prizes: Prix IberFAD 2002: Finalist, Honorable Mention Prizes Construmat 2003.