Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Monday, February 19th, 2018
Article source: Razvan Barsan + Partners
This residence captivates the eye with interesting façades, playful volumes and a variety of exterior finishes. This modern-contemporary home adapts both to the urban environment and to the natural landscape that characterizes the neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Stelian Popa
- Architects: Razvan Barsan + Partners
- Project: Next House
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Photography: Stelian Popa
- Team: Arch. Razvan Barsan, Arch. Alexandru Duca
- General Surface Area: 537 Square Meters
- Year: 2016
Thursday, February 1st, 2018
Article source: jantzen studio
The Solar Circular Pool House was designed around an architectural aesthetic that integrates various extreme needs and/or desires of the people who occupy the structure. In this case, the two occupants of the house will use it as a weekend retreat, in an undisclosed temperate climate location. Both of these people are passionate about swimming. As a result, a large circular swimming pool has been integrated into the design in the form of a ring that encircles the entire house. Stairs and a small footbridge lead visitors across the circular pool onto a narrow deck that also encircles the cylindrical shaped house. There is a circular seat on the deck that is mounted onto the vertical exterior wall of most of the house. A curved staircase also mounted onto the vertical wall of the house leads to another circular deck on top of the house. A series of solar cell panels are mounted above the circular deck where they shade the space below. These solar cells power the house, and the roof on which they are mounted is designed to collect rainwater, which is stored under the house. The solar electricity made from the solar cells is also stored under the house in batteries. The collected rainwater is used for the pool, and to supply the needs of the house. The open floor plan of the interior of the house is equipped with energy efficient appliances, lighting, natural ventilation, a waterless toilet, and highly efficient water saving sinks and a shower.
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
Article source: Lazaro rosa violan studio
On the island of Lanzarote and facing the sea we can find H10 Rubicon, opening itselve to the views of the neighboring Fuerteventura.
This project includes some of the most characteristic elements of the island and its colors: the white of the whitewashed houses, the dark and intense green of the vegetation and the black of the volcanic rock, making the interior design a tribute to the island itself.
Image Courtesy © Lazaro rosa violan studio
Sunday, January 21st, 2018
Article source: ONG&ONG
An elegant bespoke home, BT-House perpetuates a renowned design philosophy that harmonizes aesthetics, aspiration & imagination.
Sequestered in a quiet residential alcove along Bukit Timah Road, BT-House was tailor-made for the client’s family of six. A home made to suit active lifestyles and predicated on comfort; to fulfil the clients’ exact needs, and more importantly, their hopes and aspirations.
Image Courtesy © Derek Swalwell
- Architects: ONG&ONG
- Project: BT-House
- Location: Bukit Timah Road, Singapore
- Photography: Derek Swalwell
Friday, January 12th, 2018
Article source: VOX Architects
«World Class» – the Russian fitness clubs chain, absolute leader of the fitness industry in the “luxury” and “premium” segments. In 2016 the management of «World Class» announced a contest for the best concept of a new image of the whole chain of fitness clubs. VOX Architects won this competition and decided to create a unique modern space with an individual character for comfortable and effective sports.
Image Courtesy © Sergey Ananiev
- Architects: VOX Architects
- Project: Fitness club WORLD CLASS «Olympic»
- Location: Russia, Moscow
- Photography: Sergey Ananiev
- Project team: Boris Voskoboynikov, Maria Akhremenkova, Anna Koskova, Andrey Koskov, Katerina Chernyshova, Evgeny Nezamaykin, Maxim Frolov, Anna Marchuk, Alina Epifanova
- Total Area: 900 square meters
- Year: 2017
Thursday, January 11th, 2018
Article source: Alpugan Architects
The Sunis Residence in Antalya, designed by Alpugan Architects, offers a futuristic, flexible and sustainable living complex, with an approach based on historical, natural and physical parameters of the city, the relationship established with nature, and settlement decisions integrated with the ‘open green system’.
Image Courtesy © Alpugan Architects
- Architects: Alpugan Architects
- Project: Sunis Residence
- Location: Konyaaltı-Antalya, Turkey
- Investor: Turaçlar Group
- Contractor: Turaçlar İnşaat
- Total Construction Area: 25.368,42 sqm
- Total Landscape Area: 6.527,20 sqm
- Number of Houses: 152
- Total Land: 14.666 sqm
- Size of Houses: 100-800 sqm
- Completion Date: September 2018
Friday, December 15th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Hong Kong’s futuristic new Kennedy Town Swimming Pool, designed by Farrells, has won a 2017 American Architecture Prize in the Recreational Architecture category.
Completed earlier this year, the pool complex includes a 50-metre outdoor pool, an outdoor leisure pool, indoor and outdoor massage baths, a 50-metre indoor pool, and an indoor training pool. It also incorporates an outdoor garden sheltered beneath the tip of the building’s characteristic roof.
Kennedy Town Swimming Pool viewed from Hong Kong’s famed Victoria Harbour, Image Courtesy © Farrells
- Architects: Farrells
- Project: Hong Kong’s Kennedy Town Swimming Pool
- Location: Hong Kong
- Phase 1 accommodation (outdoor pools):
- Outdoor pool (50 metres)
- Outdoor children’s leisure pool
- Entrance hall
- Changing rooms
- Temporary accommodation (lifeguard rooms, storage)
- Phase 2 accommodation (indoor pools):
- Indoor secondary pool (50 metres)
- Indoor training pool (25 metres)
- Outdoor sitting-out area
- Decanting of temporary uses to permanent accommodation
- Gross floor area: 11,782 m2
- Phase 1 opening date: 11 May 2011
- Phase 2 opening date: 7 February 2017
Monday, December 11th, 2017
Article source: TALLER ESTILO ARQUITECTURA
This project is located in the small town of Cholul, which is part of the municipality of Mérida in Yucatán, México.
The program consists of an entrance hall, a multifunctional space (living room, dining room and kitchen), terrace, studio, workshop, the master bedroom, guest bedroom, service area, the pool and a vegetable garden.
Image Courtesy © Arq. David Cervera
- Architects: TALLER ESTILO ARQUITECTURA
- Project: Ja Cholul House
- Location: Cholul, Yucatán, México
- Photography: Arq. David Cervera
- Collaborators: Arq. Silvia Eugenia Cuitún Coronado, Arq. Pedro Manuel Quintal Ruz, Ing. Emmanuel Rodríguez Godínez
- Surface: 331 sqm
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Article source: Original Vision
A stone’s throw from the Phuket’s famous Patong Beach, the 160 guest rooms of the Hyatt Place Phuket have been designed as three blocks surrounding the central swimming pool and dining terraces creating a hillside oasis. The arrival level provides the service heart of the resort with a central integrated reception and ‘Grab and Go’catering outlet along with a Cyberspace and indoor and outdoor dining opportunities. The zig-zag façade design reflects the operator’s ‘Cozy Corner’ room concept with the privacy of the balconies enhanced by the resulting solid wall areas. Having opened its doors in 2016 the resort has proved a highly popular family destination.
Image Courtesy © Original vision
- Architects: Original Vision
- Project: Hyatt Place Phuket Patong
- Location: Phuket Patong, Thailand
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: PHL Architects
Harris Hotel Pontianak is strategically located in the center of Pontianak’s business and culinary districts which can be seen from three direction of the streets. The design is made compact to adjust to the site as it is not too big but enough to house a lot of programmes inside.
The owner had their businesses in restaurant and specialties store, therefore they would like to have their businesses be included in this new development. This project also contains of parking area, specialties store, restaurant, hotel, ballroom, meeting rooms, swimming pool and rooftop cafe.
Image Courtesy © PHL Architects
- Architects: PHL Architects
- Project: Harris Pontianak
- Location: Pontianak, Indonesia
- Client: PT. Tapaz Nusantara
- Principal Architect: Hendy Lim & Patrick Lim
- Other Architect/Designer: Lidwitianingrum; Almita Nandyawulan Tedja; Jorgie Aprilio
- M&E Engineer/s: PT. Meka Optima Consultant
- C&S Engineer/s: PT. Bentara Karya Mandiri
- Contractor: PT. Tata Mulia Nusantara
- Building Height (metres + storeys): 57 m (15 storeys)
- Gross Floor Area (m2): 13700 sqm
- Site Area (m2): 1577 sqm
- Completion Year: 2015