Archive for the ‘Swimming Pool’ Category
Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
Article source: DOS Architects
This project, completed in early 2013, is our Competition winning proposal for the Olympic Swimming Pool Arena in Erbil, Kurdistan. The project represents a continuation in our on-going exploration of formal and programmatic variations, which started with our design for the Eternity Tower in Dubai and continues throughout much of our work, most recently with the Catholic Church of the Transfiguration, in Lagos.
Image courtesy DOS Architects
- Architects: DOS Architects
- Project: Olympic Swimming Pool
- Location: Erbil, Kurdistan
- Client: Erbil Ministry of public works
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
Article source: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
Located in Los Angeles’s Hancock Park neighborhood, this scheme combines disparate elements to fulfill needs for private and public entertainment, with a unique phenomenological-based design solution between shelter, environment and user.
Image Courtesy Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Architects: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Project: Huec
- Location: Los Angeles
- Software used: Autocad for the drawings, and Photoshop, Rhino and Illustrator for all presentation work
Saturday, December 8th, 2012
Article source: ZA Architects
We have performed preliminary design and working drawings for a private bathhouse, located on a private piece of land not far Kiev.
The shape of the object was suggested by its location in the corner of the plot and by the design assignment which also included the creation of a long swimming pool and a spacious place for relaxation.
Image Courtesy ZA Architects
- Architects: ZA Architects
- Project: A Diamond-Shaped Bathhouse
- Location: Romankiv, Kiev region, Ukraine
- Client: Private
- Function: Bath and Swimming pool
- Program: 101 square meters. m
- Architect: Dmitry Zhuikov
- 3D visualization:Dmitry Zhuikov
- Year: 2010
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
Article source: MHM architects
The indoor and outdoor swimming pool facility “Drautalperle” is located in Spittal/Drau in northern part of the Austrian region of Carinthia, one of the most beautiful fluvial topographies in the Alps.
Therefore the central topic of the design was the fusion between inside room and outside landscape, what has been maintained by placing big windows resembling oxygen bubbles in water. By this means it was possible to break up the usually rigid partition between indoor and outdoor spaces.
Image Courtesy © Paul Ott photografiert
- Architects: MHM architects
- Project: Drautal perle
- Location: 9800 Spittal/Drau, Austria
- Photography: Paul Ott (©Paul Ott photografiert), Hertha Hurnaus (©Hertha Hurnaus)
- Competition & planning: 2006
- Built: from 2007 to 2008
- General design & planning: by MHM architects, Vienna Matthias Molzbichler, Sebastian Haselsteiner, Florian Molzbichler
- General Contractor: STRABAG AG Spittal/Drau
Thursday, July 26th, 2012
Article source: Architekti D.R.N.H.
Both the architectural and site designs strictly respect the project purpose and the site green context characterised by the touch of a considerable morphological promontory featuring grown trees, shrubs and grass-covered areas sloping down from the Černá Hora massif to the town. The overall volume of the hall is reduced as much as possible by fragmenting into several structural modules softly modelled into organic curved lines so that the shell of the building is visually linked to the Černá Hora slope. The grass-covered areas smoothly merge into the metal-sheet-covered roof. Different volume modules of the hall meet in a shared rounded top from which they continue sloping down in the form of a shed roof towards the west border of the site. The intervention of the structure is minimised especially from all sides visible from the town. The excavated soil has been reused for terrain modelling and rooftop fills reducing the hall operation and energy costs. The project has been designed on “landscape architecture” principles and meets all the parameters of an energy-saving building.
Image Courtesy Tomáš Malý
- Architects: Architekti D.R.N.H.
- Project: Indoor swimming pool
- Location: Litomyšl, Czech Republic
- Authors: Architekti DRNH / Antonín Novák, Petr Valenta, Radovan Smejkal, Radek Štefka /www.drnh.cz/
- Client: Město Litomyšl / City of Litomyšl /http://goo.gl/maps/TgaW/ (more…)
Friday, June 8th, 2012
Article source: Mikou Design Studio
Piscine du Fort was conceived as a praxis of lucidity, transparency and architectonic fluidity, where natural light defines the spatial experience. Programmatic elements are organised as sweeping curvilinear forms immersed within the spatial continuum of the project. The composition of elements simultaneously creates a porosity, allowing light to flood the interior, whilst delineatingseperate functions within the structure with strong individual identities.
Swimming Pool Feng Shui Solarium
- Architects: Mikou Design Studio
- Project: Swimming Pool Feng Shui Solarium
- Location: Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
- BET Structure : Intégrale 4
- BET piping : Choulet
- Economy : Sletec
Saturday, April 21st, 2012
Article source: Estudio de Arquitectura NAOS
The Complex in Barreiro has been designed for recreational and sporting use, besides being a leisure and aquatic centre. It has three swimming pools: one with 6 lanes of 25 metres in length, a swimming pool of learning and other one with water beds, Jacuzzi and massage jets. What particularity stands out is its large central space linked to the sports activities and it’s a glass prism with maximum use of natural light and allows the best ventilation of the spaces.
Wednesday, April 11th, 2012
Article source: realities:united
The goal of the Flussbad project is the permanent transformation of a 1.5-km stretch of river in Berlin’s historic center that has gone unused for more than 100 years.
The lower section of the course of the river, currently channeled as a canal, will be made into a space accessible to the public via two broad shoreline stairways at the Lustgarten and the Schlossplatz. The design alterations in this sensitive city-planning area, part of which belongs to the “Museum Island”, a UNESCO world cultural heritage site, are restricted to a minimum.
Perspective (Images Courtesy realities:united, studio for art and architecture)
- Architect: realities:united
- Name of Project: Flussbad
- Location: Kupfergraben, Berlin, Germany
- Type: Urban renewal and swimming-pool precinct, Berlin, Germany
- Client: Kunst & Technik e.V.
- All drawings/renderings: realities:united, studio for art and architecture
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012
Article source: NAOS Architecture
The location of the Sport Complex and Swimming Center in La Florida, Vigo, was a challenge because it was in a empty space of a built block, with a very high slope. So, the superior level stayed and the building was constructed below this level and it develops the functional program semi-buried. Therefore, on top of the building, was projected a public square and the slope of the terrain.
Images Courtesy of Héctor Santos-Díez
- ARCHITECT: NAOS ARCHITECTURE (SANTIAGO GONZÁLEZ & MIGUEL PORRAS, ARCHITECTS)
- PROJECT NAME: SPORT COMPLEX AND SWIMMING CENTER IN LA FLORIDA, VIGO
- LOCATION: VIGO, SPAIN
- COMPLETION DATE: 2010
- PHOTOGRAPHER: HÉCTOR SANTOS-DIEZ, MÀIS QUE AUGA
- SITE AREA (FLOOR AREA): 4.689 m²
- CONSTRUCTION AREA: 4.742 m²
- ESTRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: E3 ARQUITECTOS
- INSTALLATIONS ENGINEERING: DAVISA INGENIERÍA
- Software used: AUTOCAD and 3DMAX
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012
Article source: Studio Kalamar
The pool and spa complex is connected to the existing hotel via a communication axis comprising various public spaces, which leads along the new pools to the future hotel at the west edge of the site. On the south of the axis, the swimming pool hall contains indoor pools and adjoining saunas, the outdoor pools with the restaurant are located on the north side. Upper floor houses various healthcare and wellness programs.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Miran Kambič)
- Architect: Studio Kalamar – Andrej Kalamar
- Name of Project: Vivat Pool and Spa
- Location: Moravske toplice, Slovenia
- Structural Engineering: Statikon
- HVAC Engineering: Veling; Projektivni biro Murska Sobota; Makro 5 Investicije
- Photographs: Miran Kambič