Archive for the ‘University Building’ Category
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: Arhipolis Architects
University Campus programs are implemented in the 70-s residential area on the east part of the town of Split.
Originally master plan is brought defining infrastructural corridors and plots for the new university developments. On the each plot specific program is defined by the masterplan , followed b y architectural competition.
Image Courtesy © Arhipolis Architects
- Architects: Arhipolis Architects
- Project: Students Residence
- Location: Split, Croatia
- Software used: Autocad
- Authors: Neno Kezić, Emil Šverko
- Collaboration: Goran Banic
- Project Team: Nora Roje, Mateo Marinovic, Joseph Katalinić, Srdjan Luksic
- Year: 2012
Saturday, April 9th, 2016
Article source: Franco Vella Oficina de Arquitectura
An assignment for the architectural design of a new University Campus for the UPC in the district of San Miguel, in a plot located in the intersection of two important avenues within the district, was received.
University Campus is 7 storeys high and has 33,000 m2 of built-up area in the district of San Miguel in Lima, Peru.
Image Courtesy © Franco Vella Oficina de Arquitectura
- Architects: Franco Vella Oficina de Arquitectura
- Project: UPC Campus San Miguel
- Location: San Miguel, Lima, Peru
- Client: Peruvian University of Applied Sciences
- Terrain Area: 8,935.27 M²
- Built-Up Area: 33,763.66 M²
- Number Of Basements: 4
- Servicies: Architectural design of University Campus
- Type: Culture and
- Status: Built
Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
Article source: Paul de Ruiter Architects
Campus renewal and sustainability ambitions go hand in hand at Erasmus University Rotterdam. In the newest addition to the campus, the multifunctional educational building called Polak, the university’s ambition is emphatically manifested: to be among the most sustainable campuses in the Netherlands. The energy-efficient building, of which both the interior and the exterior are designed by Paul de Ruiter architects, fits into the new educational strategy of the Erasmus University, aimed at activating, small-scale education.
Image Courtesy © Jeroen Musch
- Architects: Paul de Ruiter Architects
- Project: Polak building – Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Location: Woudestein Campus, Rotterdam
- Photography: Jeroen Musch, Tim van de Velde, Sebastian van Damme
- Project architects: Paul de Ruiter and Noud Paes
- Project team: Marlous Vriethoff, Laura van de Pol, Richard Buijs, Marieke Sijm
- Mechanical engineering: Wolter & Dros TBI Techniek, Amersfoort
- Contractor: SMT Bouw, Rosmalen, Palte, Valkenburg
- Interior architect: Paul de Ruiter Architects
- Landscape architect: Juurlink[+], Rotterdam (NL) and bureau JvantSpijker, Rotterdam (more…)
Wednesday, February 24th, 2016
Article source: v2com
In 2011, within the framework of its factory expansion projects, Aluminerie Alouette struck an accord with the Government of Quebec to finance the construction of a university building in Sept-Iles with the goal of improving access to graduate studies in the region.
Image Courtesy © Optik 360°
- Architects: BGLA | Architecture + Design urbain
- Project: Alouette University Building, UQAC
- Location: Sept-Îles, Canada
- Photography: Optik 360°
- Software used: Sketch Up, Revit, and Autocad
Wednesday, January 13th, 2016
Article source: Ikon.5 architects
The New South Student Center at Georgetown University is a renovation and addition that transforms an existing mid century residence hall into a vibrant new university living room for undergraduate life. Inspired by the unique ‘Hoya Saxa’ (stones) identity of the Georgetown student body, the center creates an experience of study and casual living spaces carved out of interior and exterior stone edifices. The ‘Saxa’ living wall is a stone clad green wall that provides a natural bio-friendly character to the Great Room that overlooks the Potomac and is one of many design features that assist this project in achieving a LEED Gold certification. Inside the ‘Saxa’ living wall are 12 individual wood clad group study rooms with enhanced video display systems and writable glass partition for students to work on projects together or separately. The Riverside Terrace is an outdoor landscaped area that extends the living space of the Great Room outdoors and overlooks the Potomac.
view of portal from entrance to the Great Lounge, Image Courtesy © Brad Feinknopf
- Architects: Ikon.5 architects
- Project: Student Center Georgetown University
- Location: Washington DC, USA
- Photography: Brad Feinknopf
- Size: 45,000 SF
- Software used: AutoCad
Thursday, January 7th, 2016
Article source: ZAS ARCHITECTS + INTERIORS
Setting benchmarks worldwide for engineering education, The Bergeron Centre for Engineering Excellence re-thinks campus hierarchy to foster modern ways of learning. Resulting from an intensive design process between ZAS Architects, The Lassonde School of Engineering, and York University, the world-class facility challenges past models with a modern approach rooted in student learning and empowerment.
Image Courtesy © Doublespace Photography
- Architects: ZAS ARCHITECTS + INTERIORS
- Project: THE BERGERON CENTRE FOR ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE
- Location: YORK UNIVERSITY KEELE CAMPUS,TORONTO, CANADA
- CLIENT: YORK UNIVERSITY, LASSONDE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- ENGINEERING: ARUP CANADA
- FACADE ENGINEERING: BLACKWELL BOWICK PARTNERSHIP LTD.
- MATHEMATICAL FACADE PATTERN RESOLUTION: MESH CONSULTANTS
- LANDSCAPE: SCOTT TORRANCE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT INC.
- CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT: LAING O’ROURKE CANADA LTD & GILLAM GROUP INC
- SIZE: 170,000 SQ FT (15,800 M2)
- CONSTRUCTION BUDGET (CAD): $63 MILLION (BUILDING) $ 6 MILLION (SITE DEVELOPMENT)
- COMPLETED: SEPTEMBER 2015/ FULLY COMPLETE SPRING 2016
- Photography: Doublespace
- Software used: Revit 2013, Rhino v5, Grasshopper v1, 3DS Max 2014, Solidworks 2014, ETABS 2013
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015
Article source: S3 Schmidt Arquitectos
The building arose as the materialisation of the Campus Creativo educational project developed by a group of academics from the Andrés Bello University. It is based on promoting the interaction between different related fields of the artistic matrix, promoting programmatic crossing and teamwork and pertaining to a contemporary collaborative environment.
Image Courtesy © Aryeh Kornfelp, Bruno Gilberto
- Architects: S3 Schmidt Arquitectos, Horacio Schmidt Cortes, Horacio Schmidt Radic, Martin Schmidt Radic
- Project: Creative Campus
- Location: Purísima 285B Recoleta Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Aryeh Kornfelp, Bruno Gilberto
- Chief Architect: Nicolas Norero
- Architects Partners: Lina Rojas
- Area constructed: 9500M2
- Constructor: Bravo e Izquierdo
- House refurbishment: Astudillo Construction Company
- Calculations: Sergio Contreras
- Facades: Hunter Douglas
- Site area: 4980M2
- Built area: 8,000 m2
- Design and construction year: 2014/2015
Thursday, December 10th, 2015
Article source: TVA Architects
The Matthew Knight Arena is located to form a new east gateway to the University of Oregon campus. Providing a first impression of the University’s distinct identity, the building exemplifies the core values of progressive thinking, education and environmental stewardship of the institution. TVA Architects worked with the State of Oregon SEED program to achieve a 20 percent energy reduction below code for both the Arena and the adjacent Alumni Center.
Image Courtesy © TVA Architects
- Architects: TVA Architects
- Project: Matthew Knight Arena
- Location: Oregon, US
Sunday, November 15th, 2015
Article source: Ector Hoogstad Architecten
The new education centre for the faculties of Science, Geosciences and Biomedical Sciences at Utrecht University, designed by Ector Hoogstad Architecten, has opened its doors. This building, named after Victor J. Koningsberger, forms part of an education cluster in the northwest corner of the university campus that will make the university a more attractive place for students, teaching staff and researchers by offering them an inspiring and well-equipped work environment and meeting place. The laboratories, lecture theatres and study landscapes provided within the building are already very well used.
Image Courtesy © Petra Appelhof
- Architects: Ector Hoogstad Architecten
- Project: Koningsberger building for Utrecht University
- Location: Boedapestlaan 4, 2584 CD Utrecht, Netherlands
- Photography: Petra Appelhof
- Software used: Revit, Autocad
- Client: Utrecht University
- Project team: Joost Ector, Max Pape, Lennaert van Capelleveen, Gijs Weijnen, Laurence van Benthem, Ester Bezem, Carlo van Gulik, Hetty Mommersteeg, Ralph Noordhoek, Moritz Prophet, Cornelia Sailer, Sander Timmermans, Elisabeth Tukker, Nejra Vaizovic, Laurens Veth
- Construction management: Utrecht University
- Project management: Stevens Van Dijck
- M&E consultant: Valstar Simonis
- Structural engineers: Pieters Bouwtechniek (more…)
Sunday, September 27th, 2015
Article source: NAPUR Architect Kft
“A world-level development was implemented in 2015 on the Kassai út campus of Debrecen University within the scope of the project entitled “Super Computing (HPC) in Higher Education”, as a result of collaboration between the National Information Infrastructure Development Institute (NIIFI) and the Debrecen University Faculties.
Image Courtesy © Tamas Bujnovszky
- Architects: NAPUR Architect Kft
- Project: Super computer centre
- Location: HU Kassai street, Campus, Debrecen, Hungary
- Photography: Tamas Bujnovszky
- Software used: Archicad 18
- General plan:
- Architect: FERENCZ, Marcel DLA
- Co-architect: DETARI, Gyorgy
- Engineering: POROSZ, Géza
- Building: NADÉP Kft.
- Interior: Banktrade Banktechnika Kft.
- Computer: Inter-Computer-Informatika Számítástechnikai Kft.
- Client: University of DEBRECEN, National Information Infrastructure Development Institute
- Official Number of the project: TIOP-1.3.2-13/1-2013-0001 és ED_13-1-2013-004
- Net. building area: 400 sqm
- Total cost: 650 000 000 EURO
- Accomplished: 2015 July