Posts Tagged ‘Chile’
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: CONOR
Localized in Iquique, northern Chile, this mixed-use project, designed by the architect Christopher Frank, CEO of CONOR, pretends to change the way of design the urban landscape of the city. The project, located in a big avenue of the city (Héroes de la Concepción), was home of many social housings, that actually are transforming into local business, and this is also the request of the client, to build in a small site (94m2), destinated originally to be a social house, now to become an apartment and a commercial business.
Image Courtesy © CONOR
- Architects: CONOR
- Project: Hero Store
- Location: Iquique, Chile
- Collaborators: María José Villalón, Cristian Martí, Pamela Cordero.
Monday, November 13th, 2017
Article source: Cristián Axl Valdés
Build at southern Chile implies to design from up to down (like engineers do it). Therefore, all ambition and effort put into this house was to build a roof, as large as possible.
Image Courtesy © Leo Basoalto
- Architects: Cristián Axl Valdés
- Project: House in Molco
- Location: Molco, Chile
- Photography: Leo Basoalto, Natalia Franco
- Collaborator: Jordan Quinteros
- Builder: Ramón Riquieros
- Structure: Wood and Steel
- Area: 120 m2
- Project Year: 2015
- Construction Year: 2015-2016
Monday, October 23rd, 2017
Article source: ipiña+nieto arquitectos
The apartment building La Juliana is located in the very heart of Bellas Artes area in central Santiago. Its frontal façade measuring 8,77m, a quite narrow front, overlooks calle Monjitas.
Image Courtesy © ipiña+nieto arquitectos
- Architects: ipiña+nieto arquitectos
- Project: La Juliana Building
- Location: Calle Monjitas 530. Santiago de Chile.
- Project Team: Tadea de Ipiña Mariscal, Jorge Nieto Pujol.
- Collaborators: Ignacio Hornillos.
- Client: Inversiones Inmobiliarias Araba S.L .
- Documentation: Pablo Casals Aguirre.
- Construction: Moguerza Constructora SPA
- Area: 1075 m2
- Project Year: 2014/2017
Thursday, September 21st, 2017
Article source: Planmaestro Arquitectos
The requirement was a building that would accommodate an artist’s studio and residential space for occasional use as a weekend house. The 1.500 sqm site is located in Peñalolén, a suburban district with low construction density, and neighbors some undeveloped sites. This condition leaves the building very exposed to its surroundings, so the client required that the project would limit the exposure of the interior spaces and provide privacy. The project also had to be capable of becoming an exclusively residential building at a future time, so it needed spaces to allow new uses and an extension to be planned.
Image Courtesy © Mathias Jacob
- Architects: Planmaestro Arquitectos
- Project: House and studio for an artist
- Location: Peñalolén, Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Mathias Jacob
- Structural engineer: Ruiz Saavedra Ingenieros
- Construction: Julio Hernández
- Area: 135 sqm
- Project year: 2017
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: SURCO Arquitectos
The opportunity to rebuild on the same site allowed that along with the building was proposed to reorder an establishment that grew up without an apparent programmatic order according to age; Thus focused on the new building the entire administrative and curriculum, previously scattered program at the College, in addition to rooms of attention of parents and the main entrance to the College, thus replacing a precarious access and a few classrooms, a place with a more public condition under the logic of the place where it is inserted.
Image Courtesy © SURCO
- Architects: SURCO Arquitectos
- Project: Curricular administrative building Lycée María Auxiliadora
- Location: O’Higgins and Kurt Möller Corner facing Plaza de Armas, Linares, Maule Region, Chile
- Photography: SURCO
- Architect in Charge: Juan Paulo Alarcón Carreño
- Contributors: Felipe Alarcón Carreño
- Promoter: MINEDUC Reconstruction
- Predominant materials: Reinforced concrete in sight, Steel, Glass D.V.H., Steel corten and Pine wood radiata
- Land area: 367,7 m2
- Constructed area: 735.4 m2
- Year of project: 2011
- Year of construction: 2011
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: Ricardo Torrejon Architectos
This is about a weekend house, located on a 5,000 sqm lot in the Hacienda los Aromos, nearby Limache, (middle-west Chile).
Program and overall Budget required from us that every architectural decision were same effective and efficient.
The house itself is a 4 winged volume that clearly spreads the program inside, but still keeps the coherence and totality of a single body.
Image Courtesy © Felipe Fontecilla
- Architects: Ricardo Torrejon Architectos (Ricardo Torrejón, Arturo Chadwick)
- Project: CML house
- Location: Hacienda Los Aromos, Limache, Chile
- Photography: Felipe Fontecilla
- Construction: Arturo Chadwick
- Structure: Pine timber; Steel
- Finishing: Pine cladding 1×6” y 1×8”
- Roofing: Asphalt membrane
Friday, June 23rd, 2017
Article source: Pe+Br+Re arquitectos
Wulf House is a 380 m2 single family home, located in the town of Quilanto, Frutillar.
The land and the surroundings gave the possibility of combining aspects related to the view and landscape along with achieving a site that favors energy efficiency aspects in terms of solar exposure, and related to strong rain and wind in winter.
Image Courtesy © Nicolás Saieh
- Architects: Pe+Br+Re arquitectos
- Project: Wulf House
- Location: Quilanto, Frutillar, Los Lagos, Chile
- Photography: Nicolás Saieh
- Architects in charge: Sebastián Bruna
- Cooperation Designers: Francisca Gutiérrez, María Paz Palacios
- Area: 388 m2
- Project year: 2016
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: DUQUE MOTTA & AA
The project is the result of the competition for the revision of the new Huechuraba Campus master plan, and the definition of the project for its first phase, the Economics and Business Faculty of the Diego Portales University.
The site is located at the foot of San Cristobal hill, sloping and slightly raised above the Huechuraba valley. With the location of the new campus, the Faculty seeks to build a strong link between its academic development and the professional reality, as it is at one of the most important business centers in the city.
Image Courtesy © FG+SG – Fernando Guerra, Sergio Guerra
- Architects: DUQUE MOTTA & AA (Rafael Hevia, Rodrigo Duque Motta, Gabriela Manzi)
- Project: Economics and Business Faculty
- Location: Santiago, Chile
- Photography: FG+SG – Fernando Guerra, Sergio Guerra
- Collaborator: Catalina Ventura – Martin Holmes
- Project Management: Unidad Servicios Externos UDP
- Structures: Luis Soler P. & Asociados
- Landscape: Francisca Saelzer
Sunday, May 28th, 2017
Article source: SAA arquitectura + territorio
The roost is a family-run cabin lodge located in the Andean foothills near San Fernando, in Chile’s central mountain range.
The presence of rivers and large canopies of peumo, quillay and oak forest constitute a natural environment with large ecological and landscape value, making this spot an important place for spotting birds such as the Burrowing parrot.
Image Courtesy © SERGIO ARANEDA
- Architects: SAA arquitectura + territorio
- Project: The Roost / Shangri-La Lodge
- Location: Puente Negro, San Fernando, Central Range, Chile
- Photography: SERGIO ARANEDA
- Materials: Steel, Dimensioned pine and prefabricated panels
- Area: 100 m2
- Project Year: 2016
Wednesday, May 24th, 2017
Article source: Cristian Berrios Architects
The restriction of a square plant (9 x 9 meters) is the context in which the project is developed. A central aisle with a dimension between enclosure and corridor defines the spatial structure that organizes this house. In its geometric center a skylight floods of light both levels crossing the floor of the second level. For this soil, flat steel bars were used, reminiscent of the urban gratings that conceal the installations and an unknown surface of the cities. On this structure, in the center of the dwelling, the experience can be of weightlessness or vertigo, the sensation is tensioned with the skylight that accompanies in concordance.
Image Courtesy © Ignacio Bisbal
- Architects: Cristian Berrios Architects
- Project: CBR House
- Location: San Pedro De La Paz, Bio Bio, Chile
- Photography: Ignacio Bisbal
- Author: Cristián Berríos
- Architects Collaborators: Pamela Cordero, Ignacio Rojas, Simón Guzmán
- Materials: Concrete, Wood
- Surface: 172 m2