Posts Tagged ‘Chile’
Monday, April 2nd, 2018
Article source: v2com
The design brief was for a small cabin with a roof, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom – the necessities for resuming the mountain trek begun the day before.
Image Courtesy © Federico Cairoli
- Architects: Gonzalo Iturriaga Arquitectos
- Project: Mountaineer’s Refuge
- Location: Comuna de San esteban, V región, Chile
- Photography: Federico Cairoli
- Surface Area: 60 M2
- Year: 2015-16
Tuesday, March 20th, 2018
Article source: Environment, Landscape and Architecture
The project involves the redevelopment of a vacant 30 years old building located in a central area within the city of Santiago, specifically in Providencia county, which is transformed into a building housing 7 apartments.
Image Courtesy © Nicolás Saieh
Sunday, March 4th, 2018
Article source: Schmidt Architects
For the owners, an academic couple with grown-up children, the house “should allow the following:
– Living room with fireplace and view.
– Interior dining room for 10 people, with a view.
-The kitchen with direct access to the dining room and close to the exterior.
-External eating area for 10 people protected from the wind with a little sun, view and bbq.
-View of the sunset, in a hot tub, looking at the sea with friends and a drink.
-To write looking at the sea in the master bedroom, with desk and fireplace.
-To be able to sleep while young people get together in the living room. ”
Image Courtesy © Aryeh Kornfeld
- Architects: Schmidt Architects
- Project: Beach House
- Location: Chile
- Photography: Aryeh Kornfeld
Sunday, February 18th, 2018
Article source: Lorena Troncoso
The project is located in the south central Chile, a mountainous locality recognized for tourism in extreme high mountain sports such as the Termas de Chillán skys center.
The area presents a lush vegetation of native trees with sight to the Andes mountain range, in the middle there is a small ravine with a depth of 15 meters on which the project is located.
Image Courtesy © Cristóbal Caro
- Architects: Lorena Troncoso
- Project: Cabin ED
- Location: Las Trancas, Pinto, Chile.
- Photography: Cristóbal Caro
- Main conctractor: Constructora Bocaz
- Gross area: 105 m2
- Completed: 2016
Thursday, January 18th, 2018
Article source: Fones Arquitectos
The site is located in an area of the city marked by an irregular topography with the characteristic slopes of the mountain foothills, surrounded by dense vegetation and facing a small canyon that make views to gain a leading role.
Image Courtesy © ANTONIO AROS DOMINGUEZ
- Architects: Fones Arquitectos
- Project: Ewok House
- Location: LO BARNECHEA, METROPOLITAN REGION, CHILE.
- Photography: ANTONIO AROS DOMINGUEZ
- Builder: SOCIR / JOSE MANUEL RAMSAY – SEBASTIAN CID
- Built Surface: 280 M2
- Year: 2016
Tuesday, January 9th, 2018
Article source: 2DM
The commission consists of a summer house to be located in a rural area near Rapel Lake in a region of central Chile. The main characteristic that shapes the condition of the space is the extreme heat in summer times, a time that coincides with the greatest use of the house. In response to this requirement, the house responds with two basic strategies, it’s own shade and ventilation. The house is thought of as a volume based on its own shadow, that is, the volume itself is capable of generating its own shadow through eaves at the ends of the house. A warehouse type volume, which in turn, achieves an appropriate height to move a mass of hot air away and renew it with cross ventilation. It is added to the strategy, to incorporate timber cladding to the roof to shade and microventilate the roof sheet.
Image Courtesy © 2DM
- Architects: 2DM
- Project: House in Rapel
- Location: El Manzano, Comuna de Las Cabras, Chile
- Surface Built: 127 m2
- Year: 2016
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: CONOR
Localized in Iquique, northern Chile, this mixed-use project, designed by the architect Christopher Frank, CEO of CONOR, pretends to change the way of design the urban landscape of the city. The project, located in a big avenue of the city (Héroes de la Concepción), was home of many social housings, that actually are transforming into local business, and this is also the request of the client, to build in a small site (94m2), destinated originally to be a social house, now to become an apartment and a commercial business.
Image Courtesy © CONOR
- Architects: CONOR
- Project: Hero Store
- Location: Iquique, Chile
- Collaborators: María José Villalón, Cristian Martí, Pamela Cordero.
Monday, November 13th, 2017
Article source: Cristián Axl Valdés
Build at southern Chile implies to design from up to down (like engineers do it). Therefore, all ambition and effort put into this house was to build a roof, as large as possible.
Image Courtesy © Leo Basoalto
- Architects: Cristián Axl Valdés
- Project: House in Molco
- Location: Molco, Chile
- Photography: Leo Basoalto, Natalia Franco
- Collaborator: Jordan Quinteros
- Builder: Ramón Riquieros
- Structure: Wood and Steel
- Area: 120 m2
- Project Year: 2015
- Construction Year: 2015-2016
Monday, October 23rd, 2017
Article source: ipiña+nieto arquitectos
The apartment building La Juliana is located in the very heart of Bellas Artes area in central Santiago. Its frontal façade measuring 8,77m, a quite narrow front, overlooks calle Monjitas.
Image Courtesy © ipiña+nieto arquitectos
- Architects: ipiña+nieto arquitectos
- Project: La Juliana Building
- Location: Calle Monjitas 530. Santiago de Chile.
- Project Team: Tadea de Ipiña Mariscal, Jorge Nieto Pujol.
- Collaborators: Ignacio Hornillos.
- Client: Inversiones Inmobiliarias Araba S.L .
- Documentation: Pablo Casals Aguirre.
- Construction: Moguerza Constructora SPA
- Area: 1075 m2
- Project Year: 2014/2017
Thursday, September 21st, 2017
Article source: Planmaestro Arquitectos
The requirement was a building that would accommodate an artist’s studio and residential space for occasional use as a weekend house. The 1.500 sqm site is located in Peñalolén, a suburban district with low construction density, and neighbors some undeveloped sites. This condition leaves the building very exposed to its surroundings, so the client required that the project would limit the exposure of the interior spaces and provide privacy. The project also had to be capable of becoming an exclusively residential building at a future time, so it needed spaces to allow new uses and an extension to be planned.
Image Courtesy © Mathias Jacob
- Architects: Planmaestro Arquitectos
- Project: House and studio for an artist
- Location: Peñalolén, Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Mathias Jacob
- Structural engineer: Ruiz Saavedra Ingenieros
- Construction: Julio Hernández
- Area: 135 sqm
- Project year: 2017