Archive for the ‘Event space’ Category
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: PRAXiS d’ARCHITECTURE
This exhibition space was required to share a space with a blues jazz bar already in operation. The jazz bar was in a historical location originally used as ice house (ice storage) during Qing dynasty in the 18th century. It is about 400m east to the east gate of the Forbidden City.
Image Courtesy © PRAXiS d’ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: PRAXiS d’ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Ice House
- Location: Wang Fu Jing, Beijing, China
- Project Architect: Di Shaohua
- Collaborator: Gang Zhao
- Size: 200 sqm
- Status: Completed in 2006
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Main Office
The reconstruction involves a well-known older building from 1892, of great historical value, as well as neighboring courtyards.
The ”Culture arena” is the heart of the building. The old auction hall has eight meter ceiling height, and is the most elaborately detailed. It has a lobby, lounge, and restrooms, and can be used for banquets, art shows or concerts.
Image Courtesy © Milad Abedi
- Architects: Main Office
- Project: Culture arena
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Photography: Milad Abedi
- Opened October: 2014
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: Cheungvogl
Hong Kong based architecture studio Cheungvogl has created an open exhibition retail space around a robotic system in the 110 year old iconic department store, Au Pont Rouge in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Completed in 1907, Au Pont Rouge located along the Red Bridge on River Moika was built in the tradition of great European department stores such as Galleries Lafayette in Paris or Selfridges in London. Following the revolution in 1919, the building was renamed and converted into Volodarsky Sewing Factory and in the 1930s, the original cupola was demolished. In 2011, the cupola was reconstructed and the building underwent functional and architectural transformations to restore Au Pont Rouge to its original state as a world class department store in Saint Petersburg.
Image Courtesy © Cheungvogl
- Architects: Cheungvogl
- Project: Au Pont Rouge
- Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Year: 2013-2016
Friday, September 9th, 2016
Article source: abSketches
We were commissioned to develop renderings to help facilitate design and pre-sales for an event space in York, PA. abSketches also, through renderings, articulated design and architecture for our client. We worked first hand with the client and their in house construction team to develop design intent and direction. With the help of our renderings, Wyndridge Farms was able to reserve events for 2 years out prior to breaking ground.
Image Courtesy © abSketches
- Architects: abSketches
- Project: Wyndridge Farms
- Location: Pennsylvania, USA
- Software used: Sketchup, 3DS Max, Vray, Photoshop
Friday, July 22nd, 2016
Article source: Architects For Urbanity
The site is located at Daebang-dong, where U.S. army base ‘Camp Grey’ had been located for 55 years until the retrocession in 2007. Located adjacent to this site was Seoul Women Shelter which accommodated prostitutes, runaway dementia elders, and vagrants from 1962 to 1998. The shelter was converted to Seoul Women Plaza. This is a symbolic place where tragic division of the Korean peninsula, poverty and hardships of woman in the era is accumulated and conveys the agony of Korean modern history. The purpose of this project to turn this gloomy and ‘deathlike’ space into a place of resurrection, a site of nurturing space that will foster welfare of women and families.
Image Courtesy © Architects For Urbanity
- Architects: Architects For Urbanity
- Project: Seoul Urban Womb
- Location: Daebang-dong Neighbourhood in Seoul, South Korea
- Client: Seoul Metropolitan Government
- Team: Irgen Salianji, Marina Kounavi, Karolina Szóstkiewicz, Stavria Psomiadi, Antony Laurijsen
- Parking Spots: 120
- Total Area: 20.500 m2
- Status: Competition Proposal
Sunday, May 1st, 2016
Article source: Misaoarc Inc.
We reconstructed an old Japanese-style hotel as event space.
We made the small 3 banquet office which can hold a meeting.
We made wide multi-purpose space (cafe light meal and restaurant, etc.).
It’s possible to make these 3 rooms united space by a movement partition.
Image Courtesy © Stirling Elmendorf
- Architects: Misaoarc Inc.
- Project: Hokusetsu-Sokai
- Location: Yoshikawa, Toyono-cho Toyono-gun, Osaka, Japan
- Photography: Stirling Elmendorf
- Total floor area: 198.39m2
- Design period:2014.05-2015.09
- Construction period: 2015.09-2016.01
- Software used: Dracad, Form-Z
Friday, March 25th, 2016
Article source: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
The Customer Information Centre and Event Forum “Haus des Brotes” (“House of Bread) for the company Backaldrin in Asten consists of two elements: a box shaped plinth building with foyer and event rooms plus the “Wunderkammer des Brotes”, a two storey freeform exhibition area floating on top. The chosen materials augment the contrast of these two elements: The square base building shows a cast-in-place concrete façade while the rounded wood structure of the museum is clad with stainless steel shingles.
Image Courtesy © COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
- Architects: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
- Project: House of Bread – Wunderkammer
- Location: Asten, Austria
- Client: Backaldrin Österreich The Kornspitz Company GmbH
- Planning: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU – Wolf D. Prix & Partner ZT GmbH
- Design Principal: Wolf D. Prix
- Design Partner: Karolin Schmidbaur
- Project Lead: Friedrich Hähle, Günther Weber (until 2015)
- Design Architect: Stephan Sobl
- Project Architect: Stephan Sobl
- Project Team: Albara Arab, Martina Bighignoli, Daniel Bolojan, Donna Riedel, Benjamin Schmidt, Damian Witt
- Site Area: 3.750 m²
- Gross Floor Area: 1.850 m²
- Building Height: 20 m
- Number of Floors: 4
Friday, March 25th, 2016
Article source: SADAR+VUGA
On Friday, March 11 it was announced that SADAR+VUGA, HHF architekten and local consultant Archicon received first prize for their proposal for the competition Adaptation and Reconstruction of Dom Revolucije (Home of Revolution).
Image Courtesy © SADAR+VUGA
- Architects: SADAR+VUGA
- Project: Adaptation and Reconstruction of Dom Revolucije (Home of Revolution)
- Location: Nikšić, Montenegro
- Collaboration: SADAR+VUGA and HHF Architekten
- Client: Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism Montenegro
- Building area: 21,738 m2
- Total floor area: Storeys 4
Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
Article source: VON M GmbH
The buzzwords „open, direct, dynamic, straightforward“, standing for the common attributes for the project in the center of Munich, describe a flexible, playful, and creative space for workshops, meetings and events upon two floors.
Image Courtesy © VON M GmbH
- Architects: VON M GmbH
- Project: Out Of Office Munich
- Location: Munich, Germany
Thursday, January 21st, 2016
Article source: noiz arhcitects
Noiz in collaboration with the curator Fabrice Douar and Lucie Lom, designed the exhibition space for : “L’OUVRE 9: Open the Louvre’s 9th Art Comic Collection” at the MoNTUE (Museum of Taipei University of Education) in Taipei, Taiwan. The site is both meaningful and familiar, as Noiz has designed the museum interior and a series of exhibitions for MoNTUE since their opening in 2012. It was, therefore, an exciting experience to be able to revamp the space one more time.
Image Courtesy © noiz arhcitects
- Architects: noiz arhcitects (Keisuke Toyoda and Jia-Shuan Tsai)
- Project: Exhibition Design for “L’OUVRE 9: Open the Louvre’s 9th Art Comic Collection”
- Location: Taipei, Taiwan