Archive for the ‘Hall’ Category
Monday, March 19th, 2018
Article source: arenas basabe palacios
The project entails the refurbishment of a 940 m2 warehouse located in Móstoles (Madrid) and its conversion into a building that provides spaces for a cultural association and sporting activities for young students.
Image Courtesy © Imagen Subliminal
- Architects: arenas basabe palacios
- Project: Box In The Box
- Location: Paseo de la Herreria 3, Móstoles, Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Imagen Subliminal
- Collaborators: Lidia Fernández, Carlota le Quinio, Nieves Andrea Calvo, María Angeles Peñalver
- Structural Engineer: Gv408
- Technical Architect: Yolanda García Díaz
- Contractor: Ecay Construcciones
- Built Area: 940 m2
- Completion Year: 2017
Monday, March 19th, 2018
Article source: AL_A
The Exhibition Road Quarter, designed by AL_A, is the largest construction project undertaken by the V&A since its main buildings in South Kensington were completed in 1909 under the direction of Sir Aston Webb. The project has transformed the former boiler house yard on London’s great cultural artery, Exhibition Road, to create a sequence of major new spaces that will redefine the V&A’s relationship with the street and the public:
The Aston Webb Screen, Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: AL_A
- Project: V&A Exhibition Road Quarter
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Hufton + Crow, Stephen Citrone, Peter-Guenzel
- Client: Victoria & Albert Museum
- Team: Ho-Yin Ng, Maximiliano Arrocet, Alex Bulygin, Blandine Plenard, Chiara Zaccagnini, Fernando Ruiz Barberan, Filippo Previtali, Giulio Pellizzon, Matthew Riley, Michael Levy, Michael Wetmore, Patrick Drewello, Peter Angrave, Peter King, Raffael Petrovic, Robert Rice, Rumen Stefanov, Song Jie Lim, Stefano Bertotti, Stephen Citrone, Win Assakul
- Engineers: (SMEP) Arup
- Quantity Surveyor: Aecom
- Lighting Designer: DHA Designs
- Historic Building Adviser: Giles Quarme & Associates
- Planning Consultant: DP9
Friday, March 16th, 2018
Article source: SYN ARCHITECTS
“Indeed, bamboo is like a man of virtue. From deep and resolute roots, straight and honorable stems extend toward the sky. When a gentleman contemplates the nature of bamboo, only a feeling of integrity can come to mind.” Excerpt from Planting Bamboos, by Bai Juyi.
Since ancient times, Chinese writers and poets have shown a deep appreciation for bamboo. By praising the beauty of exquisitely crafted gardens, these gentlemen created an extensive cultural history immersed in a unique richness of textures. New Pastoralism’s Lecture Hall sits at Yangshan –a town close to the city of Wuxi– and uses bamboo as the main building element in its design.
Image Courtesy © BenMo Studio / Yan Ming
- Architects: SYN ARCHITECTS
- Project: New Pastoralism Lecture Hall
- Location: Yangshan Town, Wuxi, China
- Photography: BenMo Studio / Yan Ming.
- Principal Architect: Zou Yingxi.
- Design Team: Liu Jiansheng, Xie Yang.
- Commissioned By: New Pastoralism Investment Co., Ltd.
- Construction Company: Huacheng Boyuan Construction Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Project Area: 1,618 square meters.
- Construction Area: 800㎡.
- Date of Design: September 2014.
- Project Status: completed in December 2014.
Thursday, March 15th, 2018
Article source: PERFORM Design Studio
As kindergartens in China adopt a three-grade system, for this new one in the city of Yangzhong, Jiangsu Province, the Shanghai-based architectural studio PERFORM proposed three interwoven hexagonal volumes, with each volume holding the classrooms of a given grade, and each has a courtyard inside.
Main plaza1, Image Courtesy © Lian He
- Architects: PERFORM Design Studio
- Project: Sanhuan Kindergarten With Three Interwoven Hexagons
- Location: Yangzhong, Jiangsu Province, China
- Photography: Lian He, Qian Li
- Design Team: Zhiyong Tan, Qian Wang, Shukai Chen, Deyun Hu, Tingting Zheng, Cheng Yang
- Executive Architect: Jiangsu Haodu Construction & Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Interior + Landscape Design: Perform Design Studio（Schematic）+ Jiangsu Haodu (Construction Documents)
- Gross Built Area (square meters): 7003.0
- Completion Time: Nov, 2017
Wednesday, March 14th, 2018
Article source: rar.studio
Palatina is a small palace built in the centre of Lisbon in the mid-20th century according to plans designed by Architect Carlos Rebelo de Andrade in the Português Suave style. Originally conceived to serve the purpose of a single family residence, the building was converted into four distinct apartments earlier this century. Apartment Palatina I occupies the main first floor of this mansion, the former location of the social areas – hall, office, billiards room, small living room, drawing room, pantry, dining hall, greenhouse – and correspondingly draws upon the magnificent ostentatiousness of both its amplitude and its materials and decorative details.
Image Courtesy © Francisco Nogueira
- Architects: rar.studio
- Project: Apartment Palatina I
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: Francisco Nogueira
- Contractor: RVI – Recuperação e Valorização de Imóveis, Lda.
- Gross Internal Area: 150 m2
- Date: 2015 – 2016
Monday, March 12th, 2018
Article source: MARLON BLACKWELL ARCHITECTS
The Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design at the University of Arkansas is a striking hybrid of a beautifully restored and renovated historical building, Vol Walker Hall (65,000 SF), and a contemporary insertion and addition, the Steven L. Anderson Design Center (37,000 SF). The coupling of old and new invigorates the historical center of the campus and revitalizes the educational environment of Vol Walker Hall, the campus’s original library and home to the School of Architecture since 1968. The expanded facility unites all three departments – architecture, landscape architecture, and interior design – under one roof for the first time, reinforcing the School’s identity and creating a cross-disciplinary, collaborative learning environment.
North Elevation, Image Courtesy © Timothy Hursley
- Architects: MARLON BLACKWELL ARCHITECTS
- Project: Vol Walker Hall & the Steven L. Anderson Design Center
- Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
- Photography: Timothy Hursley
- Associate Architect: Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects
Friday, February 9th, 2018
Article source: Voltolini Architectures Sàrl
The Espace St. Marc, a space for events and spectacles, is located in the winding site of Dranse. Held in between two concrete blocks, the lobby and main hall open up toward a perspective of the valley. From the interior, the windows frame, for our benefit, the contours of the landscape.
Image Courtesy © Voltolini Architectures Sàrl
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018
Article source: Abscis Architecten
The perpetuation of the cooperation between KU Leuven (Catholic University of Louvain) and VIVES college university has become a fact with the realisation of the KU Leuven Campus in Bruges. The building hosts the Faculty of Industrial and Engineering Sciences and Technology and the Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences and is located in a very prominent place on the Ter Groene Poorte site. As a result, it functions as the actual entrance for whomever approaches the site from the station. The building is the beginning of a public esplanade that combines the various new developments on campus.
Image Courtesy © Dennis De Smet
- Architects: Abscis Architecten
- Project: KUL Campus Bruges
- Location: Site Ter Groene Poorte Spoorwegstraat 12 8200 Brugge, Belgium
- Photography: Dennis De Smet
- Client: Katholieke Universiteit euven
- Design Team: Vereniging van Studiebureaus: Abscis – Provoost – Ingenium
- Cost: € 14 251 000 excl. VAT and fees
- Gross Area: (M2) 11 861 m² (building)
Thursday, January 11th, 2018
Article source: Linazasoro & Sánchez Architecture
This is a very complex project due to its extensive program and its location in the very historical center of the city of Troyes. The program consists of offices, a state committee plenary hall, a multipurpose room, other smaller committee rooms, and an 800-seat auditorium linked to the congress center area.
Image Courtesy © Roland Halbe
- Architects: Linazasoro & Sánchez Architecture
- Project: Congress Center in Troyes
- Location: Troyes, France
- Photography: Javier Callejas Sevilla, Roland Halbe
- Client: Conseil Général de l’Aube
- Gross usable floor space: aprox. 8500 m2
- Lot size: 5800 m2
- Competition (year): 2008
- Start of work: September 2011
- Completion of work: October 2014
Tuesday, December 19th, 2017
Article source: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
The architectonic project for the Klabin Research, Development and Innovation Center, installed near to the main entrance of Vila Harmonia, Telêmaco Borba, PR, has as guide line, the integration of the architecural ensemble to the surrounding landscape, a quite and pleasant space, especially chosen by the Managers Fabio Schvartsman and Francisco Cesar Razzolini. The area is right in the middle of the generous woods that define the compact green belt around the Unity Klabin Monte Alegre, defined and opened in the forties (1940), for the production of quality paper in total respect to the evironment.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Kok
- Architects: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
- Project: P&D+I KLABIN Center
- Location: Monte Alegre, Telêmaco Borba, Paraná State, Brazil
- Photography: Pedro Kok
- Colaborators Architects: Luiza Garry Leptich, Carlos Eduardo Valbusa, Elisa Relva Basso, Marco Antônio D’Delia, Ricardo Marmorato, Laís Oliveira Xavier, Bianca Dunder.
- Area: 15.000m2
- Main Building: 3.006m2
- Beginning: September, 2015
- Conclusion: May, 2017