Archive for the ‘Plaza’ Category
Tuesday, December 16th, 2014
Article source: Andrea Maffei Architects
Qianhai Shenzhen Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone is a commercial development in Shenzhen, China. Located at the west of Shekou Peninsula and encircled by Shuangjie River, Moon Bay Avenue, Mawan Avenue and Qianhai Bay, Qianhai covers an area of approximately 15 square kilometres (5.8 sq mi).
With a total construction area of 26-30 million m², Qianhai is expected to create 650,000 jobs and house 150,000 residents by 2020.
The project regards the design of the Qianhai Exchange Plaza, that will include the Qianhai equity Exchange center, the Qianhai insurance exchange center, the Qianhai financial assets exchange, and many other institutions.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Maffei Architects
- Architects: Andrea Maffei Architects
- Project: Shenzhen Qianhai Exchange Plaza
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Design team: Stefano Bergagna, Davide Cazzaniga, Giuliano Godoli, Yijie Wu Andrea Maffei Architects s.r.l. Milano
- Client: Authority of Qianhai Shenzhen-Hongkong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone of Shenzhen
- Program: Qianhai Exchange Plaza
- Total area: 392410 mq
- Covered area: 18850 mq
- Maximum Height: 180 m
- Competition Time: November 2014
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
Article source: NL architects
Young Joon Kim (yo2) is the supervisor of public space of Dongdaemun Plaza in Seoul. He has invited 10 offices to create 3 small kiosks each.
The idea is to eventually construct 30 booths that will provide room for different functions; a series of mini buildings for exhibitions, commercial activities, exchange of information, surveillance, interaction. The stalls range in size from 4, 6 to 9 m2. But what is a kiosk?
Until recently the site was occupied by two large stadiums (for baseball and soccer) that almost touched each other; a surprisingly intimate urban gesture.
Image Courtesy © NL architects
- Architects: NL architects
- Project: Dongdaemun Plaza Kiosk
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Coordinator: Young Joon Kim, Pieter Bannenberg, Walter van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse
- Team: Gen Yamamoto with Jose Ramon Vives and Eke Hoekstra, Laura Riano
- Local architect: SeungSoo Shin, Design Group OZ
Sunday, October 26th, 2014
Article source: A4 studio Ltd.
Already more than 200 years, Siófok is the Capital City of Lake Balaton, which is the largest lake in Middle-East Europe. We planned the “Sió Pláza” Shopping Centre into the middle of the renewable main square of the centre of the renewable downtown. The modern XXI. Century building is situated between the two historical symbols of the city, the Water Tower, was built in 1912, and the Pub, was built in 1895. Our aim was to plan a building that communicates with its environment, the historical city centre, continuously. We developed a transparent glass facade towards the main square of the city, with a cobweb-like metal screen.The shops were strung on 3 levels onto the inner shopping arcade of the shopping centre. The food and drug store received place on the minus first floor, the restaurant, branch and other services on the ground floor and the first floor. The entertainment (cinema, bowling, restaurants) is situated in the supreme floor. The building of the old Pub is integrated into the new building by the inner shopping arcade. The new functions are a bookshop and a cafe, with own garden. The remaining facades are planted with green plants.
Image Courtesy © Tamás Bujnovszky
- Architects: A4 studio Ltd.
- Project: SIOFOK PLAZA
- Location: Siófok, Hungary
- Photography: Tamás Bujnovszky
- Software used: Archicad, Artlantis, Photoshop
Friday, June 13th, 2014
Article source: MAD Architects
2013/12/06 ShenZhen Ma Yansong presented its work, ‘ Shanshui Experiment Complex’ in the Border Warehouse of BI-City Biennale of Urbanism\Architecture 2013 in Shenzhen. This is an artwork in-between architecture model and landscape installation, created based on MAD’s latest project, ‘Nanjing Zendai Thumb Plaza’. The total area of this urban design project is about 600,000 sqm and it is expected to be completed in 2017.
Image Courtesy © MAD Architects
- Architects: MAD Architects
- Project: Nanjing Zendai Thumb Plaza
- Location: Shenzhen, China
Wednesday, May 7th, 2014
Article source: SPARK
Fuzhou Wusibei Thaihot Plaza’s central location at WuSi Bei Dajie, Jinan District makes it Fuzhou’s most successful retail mall. Its design enhanced Thaihot’s brand as a forward thinking innovative retail developer. SPARK’s design entwines the plaza, the street and the mall interior into a continuous circulation route that transforms the building into a living entity full of movement and energy. 12-hour daytime retail activities are concentrated in a 7-level shopping mall from which routes to the rooftop are carved out. Here various activities such as full service dining and cinema effectively create 24-hour traffic-free streets and squares attracting visitors not only to shop but also enjoy as a new social and entertainment destination.
Image Courtesy © ShuHe
- Architecture and Interior Design: SPARK
- Project: FUZHOU WUSIBEI THAIHOT PLAZA
- Location: CHINA
- Photography: ShuHe
- Total GFA (sqm): 300,000sqm (Above ground GFA: 212,600sqm, basement GFA: 87.400sqm) Commercial: 100,890sqm，SOHO: 199,110sqm)
- Project Director: Jan Felix Clostermann
- Team: Mingyin Tan, Christian Taeubert, Jian Yun Wu, Ben de Lange, Emer Loraine, Wang Haiyan Leo Micolta, Cary Cheng
- Client: Thaihot Group
Wednesday, April 30th, 2014
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
By using and re-interpreting specifics of the Libyan nature and culture, the new headquarter of the Central Bank of Libya will be a symbol of the new Libya, both for the local as well as the global community. We believe that the Central Bank of Libya must project an image of authority, solidity and security. At the same time, the Central Bank of Libya plays a crucial role in Libya’s economic growth, and as such, it should project a forward thinking, dynamic attitude, that grasps opportunities.
Image Courtesy © Henning Larsen Architects
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects
- Project: Central Bank of Libya
- Location: Tripoli, Libya
- Client: Central Bank of Libya
- Landscape Architect: Henning Larsen Architects
- Space Planning: Henning Larsen Architects
- Type of Competition: Invited international competition
- Gross floor area: 50,000 m2
- Team from Henning Larsen Architects: Jacob Kurek (Responsible Partner), Kostas Poulopoulos (Lead Designer), Ewa Bryzek , Minky Mo Simonis, Carmen Sanz Martin
- Renders: Christian Schjøll, Kyd Kitchaya, Peter Ravnborg
- Sustainability: Erik Holm-Hansson
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
Article source: 10 DESIGN
On 13th September 2013, Zhongxun Group and 10 DESIGN jointly hosted a press conference in Chongqing to unveil the design for Zhongxun Times, which will be the first within the 800,000 sqm Danzishi CBD(also designed by 10 DESIGN) to be built by spring 2015.
This mixed use office and retail development sits centrally within the CBDis located on the banks of the Yangtze River.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Zhongxun Times
- Location: CHONGQING, CHINA
- Client: ZhongXun Group
- Function: Office, Food & Beverage, Retail
- Commencement Date: 2012
- Completion Date: 2015
- Design Company: 10 DESIGN
- Designer: Gordon Affleck, Design Partner
- Arch Design Team: Gordon Affleck, Ross Milne, Brian Fok, Jamie Webb, Ryan Leong, Nigel Height, Frisly Colop Morales, Jason Easter, Lukasz Wawrzenczyk, Colin Aston, Francisco Fajardo, Mike Kwok, Dan Narita, Caterina Choi, Laura RusconiClerici, Kevis Wong
- CGI: Shane Dale, Jon Martin, Miguel Vicente, Yasser Salomon
Thursday, March 27th, 2014
Article source: ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
DDP is the first public project in Korea to utilize the 3-Dimensional Building Information Modelling (BIM) and other digital tools in construction. Throughout the design process, every building requirement was considered as a set of inter-related spatial relationships which will define the social interactions and behavioural structure in/around the project. These relationships became the framework of the design, defining how different aspects of the project, such as spatial organization, programmatic requirements, and engineering come together.
Image Courtesy © Virgile Simon Bertrand
- Architects: ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
- Project: Dongdaemun Design Plaza
- Location: Seoul, Korea
- Photography: Virgile Simon Bertrand
- Client: Seoul Metropolitan Government
- DESIGN: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA PROJECT LEADER: Eddie Can Chiu-Fai
- ZHA PROJECT MANAGERS: Craig Kiner and Charles Walker
- Venue Operations & Management: Seoul Design Foundation
- Site Area: 65,000 m2
- Construction Floor Area: 86,574 m2
- General Building Dimensions: 188m (W) X 280 (L) X 34 m (H)
Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
Article source: FR-EE – Fernando Romero Enterprise
Inaugurated in 2010 by President Felipe Calderón and Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard Causabon, the religious center of Plaza Mariana opened its doors to welcome over 20 million visitors annually. The 800 million peso development designed by FR-EE transforms and revitalizes the area around Basilica of Guadalupe in the northern part of Mexico City, which draws 1 million people on pilgrimage every December, second to the Vatican as the most popular Catholic attraction in the world.
Image Courtesy © adam wiseman
- Architects: FR-EE – Fernando Romero Enterprise
- Project: PLAZA MARIANA
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- STATUS: Built
- DATE: 2009-2010
- SIZE: 68 000 m2
- COLLABORATORS: Incarso, Inpros, PC Constructores, DAF, FaPresa, Ladisa, Hubard y Bourlon, Ticonsa, Ce Ingeneria
- FR-EE TEAM: Fernando Romero, Julio Gonzalez, Gabriela Bojalil, Paul Van der Voort, Guillermo Méndez, César López, Astrid Rovisco, Rodolfo Rueda, Guillermo Ramírez, Tiago Pinto de Carvalho, Juan Pedro López, Ana Medina, Estela Escudero, Paulina de Luna
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
Article source: SUS&HI office
Ümraniye, located in the Asian side of Istanbul, is one of the most populated district of the city, and also the fastest growing and changing. In recent years, intense building activity led to the construction of new residences, offices, shopping malls, sport facilities, schools.
Image Courtesy © SUS&HI office
- Architects: SUS&HI office
- Project: NEW 29 MAYIS PLAZA BRIDGE
- Location: ÜMRANYE, Istanbul, Turkey
- Program: PUBLIC SPACES / CULTURAL
- Surface: 8.060 mq.
- Budget: 12.000.000 €
- Client: Ümraniye District Municipality
- Designers: Giada Calcagno + Gianluca Littardi
- Design phase: schematic
- Collaborators: Massimo Tonon, Stefano Foà, Gilda Magni