Archive for the ‘Plaza’ Category
Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
Article source: Aedas
The Forum redevelopment is a holistic design, integrating a new office building, sculpture park and events plaza and there by revitalising the entire Exchange Square development. The compact and exquisitely detailed new building opens up the site visually and physically, creating a significant public space designed as a series of stone platforms linked with water features and planting. The design by Keith Griffiths is inspired by precious gems. The perfect cube of the building is dramatically tilted to create a grand entrance from the plaza. The geometry of the tilted plane is resolved into the elegant diamond cut façade of the building. As a Grade-A office in the heart of the Central district, the column-free office interior with its 2.9m of floor-to-ceiling space evokes a tailor-made environment with ample natural daylight from all elevations.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: The Forum
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Project Design Director: Keith Griffiths
- Client: Hongkong Land
- Gross floor area: 4,501 square metres
- Completion year: 2014
Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
Article source: NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD
A wondrous, sun-dappled chapel
Concept of total excellence
This is a new chapel that opened in a hotel located in the global tourism city of Hiroshima. Focusing on the fact that this chapel’s birth in the lobby area would make it the face of the hotel and convey its brand message, the design concept was to create a distinctive, unrivalled space. Since this chapel faces the hotel’s courtyard, wooden lattice panels were used to create a wondrous, sun-dappled chapel that is integrated with the garden.
Image Courtesy © NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD
- Architects: NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD
- Project: ANA CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL HIROSHIMA CHAPEL
- Location: Hiroshima, Japan
- Software used: CAD
- Designer: Takashi FUJII
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: Kengo Kuma & Associates
This wooden building was constructed as the city’s community center for people to gather. We repeated the roofs for the façade so that it could merge into the neighboring townscape of small houses. On the exterior wall, wainscot panels are applied with spaces in between, and it expresses a warm and friendly face to the street of the land to the north. The street in front of the building actually extends into the interior, and is given the name “Michi-no-Hiroba (plaza for the street),” around which a children’s playroom, cooking studio and tatami room are arranged.
Image Courtesy © Kenta Hasegawa
- Architects: Kengo Kuma & Associates
- Project: Towada Community Plaza
- Location: Towada, Japan
- Photography: Kenta Hasegawa
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015
Article source: Penda
Penda recently finished a landscape sculpture in Xiangyang, China, which consists of more than 500 perforated, vibrantly coloured steel fins varying in height. The sculpture marks the entrance gate to the largest Myrtle Tree Garden in Asia.
Music, Rhythm and Dance in combination with the surrounding Landscape were the main parameters shaping ‘the Soundwave’.
Image Courtesy © Xia Zhi
- Architects: Penda
- Project: The Soundwave
- Location: Xiangyang, Hubei, China
- Photography: Xia Zhi
- PROJECT TEAM: Dayong Sun, Chris Precht, Fei Tang Precht, Yongjian Huang, Zhonghua Tang, ChunLei Zhu, Junfeng Li, Runxin Tang
- PROJECT TYPE: Public Installation, Landscape Design
- PROJECTSIZE: 5.000m2
- PROJECT YEAR: 2013 – 2015
Wednesday, March 18th, 2015
Article source: 100architects
This project is located in Hong Kong, next to the delta of the Pearl River in the public pier of Kowloon, facing Hong Kong Island.
The site is just besides multiple cultural venues such as the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Hong Kong Museum of Arts and the Hong Kong Space Museum among others.
Image Courtesy © 100architects
- Architects: 100architects
- Project: Lucky Coin
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Software used: AutoCAD, Photoshop, Rhinoceros 5.0
Saturday, January 31st, 2015
Article source: Architects of Invention
CONTEST FOR ARCHITECTURE CONCEPT DESIGN OF A PUBLIC PLAZA OF TAJAMAR TOWERS AS A TRIBUTE TO FERNANDO CASTILLO VELASCO BY MUNICIPALITY OF PROVIDENCIA.
The young London-Moscow-Tbilisi based practice Architects of Invention alongside with Chilean architects Archiplan has entered competition for a design of a public plaza in front of iconic Tajamar Towersas a tribute to the architect of towers – Fernando Castillo Velasco.
Image Courtesy © Architects of Invention
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: PUBLIC PLAZA
- Location: Santiago, Chile
- AI Team: Davit Canava, Dominykas Daunis, Nikoloz Japaridze, Anton Khmelnitskiy, Ivane Ksnelashvili
- Archiplan Team: Mauricio Mandler
- Landscape Design: Paulina Marquez
- Sculpture: Pamela Galleguilos
- Year: 2015
Tuesday, December 16th, 2014
Article source: Andrea Maffei Architects
Qianhai Shenzhen Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone is a commercial development in Shenzhen, China. Located at the west of Shekou Peninsula and encircled by Shuangjie River, Moon Bay Avenue, Mawan Avenue and Qianhai Bay, Qianhai covers an area of approximately 15 square kilometres (5.8 sq mi).
With a total construction area of 26-30 million m², Qianhai is expected to create 650,000 jobs and house 150,000 residents by 2020.
The project regards the design of the Qianhai Exchange Plaza, that will include the Qianhai equity Exchange center, the Qianhai insurance exchange center, the Qianhai financial assets exchange, and many other institutions.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Maffei Architects
- Architects: Andrea Maffei Architects
- Project: Shenzhen Qianhai Exchange Plaza
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Design team: Stefano Bergagna, Davide Cazzaniga, Giuliano Godoli, Yijie Wu Andrea Maffei Architects s.r.l. Milano
- Client: Authority of Qianhai Shenzhen-Hongkong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone of Shenzhen
- Program: Qianhai Exchange Plaza
- Total area: 392410 mq
- Covered area: 18850 mq
- Maximum Height: 180 m
- Competition Time: November 2014
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
Article source: NL architects
Young Joon Kim (yo2) is the supervisor of public space of Dongdaemun Plaza in Seoul. He has invited 10 offices to create 3 small kiosks each.
The idea is to eventually construct 30 booths that will provide room for different functions; a series of mini buildings for exhibitions, commercial activities, exchange of information, surveillance, interaction. The stalls range in size from 4, 6 to 9 m2. But what is a kiosk?
Until recently the site was occupied by two large stadiums (for baseball and soccer) that almost touched each other; a surprisingly intimate urban gesture.
Image Courtesy © NL architects
- Architects: NL architects
- Project: Dongdaemun Plaza Kiosk
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Coordinator: Young Joon Kim, Pieter Bannenberg, Walter van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse
- Team: Gen Yamamoto with Jose Ramon Vives and Eke Hoekstra, Laura Riano
- Local architect: SeungSoo Shin, Design Group OZ
Sunday, October 26th, 2014
Article source: A4 studio Ltd.
Already more than 200 years, Siófok is the Capital City of Lake Balaton, which is the largest lake in Middle-East Europe. We planned the “Sió Pláza” Shopping Centre into the middle of the renewable main square of the centre of the renewable downtown. The modern XXI. Century building is situated between the two historical symbols of the city, the Water Tower, was built in 1912, and the Pub, was built in 1895. Our aim was to plan a building that communicates with its environment, the historical city centre, continuously. We developed a transparent glass facade towards the main square of the city, with a cobweb-like metal screen.The shops were strung on 3 levels onto the inner shopping arcade of the shopping centre. The food and drug store received place on the minus first floor, the restaurant, branch and other services on the ground floor and the first floor. The entertainment (cinema, bowling, restaurants) is situated in the supreme floor. The building of the old Pub is integrated into the new building by the inner shopping arcade. The new functions are a bookshop and a cafe, with own garden. The remaining facades are planted with green plants.
Image Courtesy © Tamás Bujnovszky
- Architects: A4 studio Ltd.
- Project: SIOFOK PLAZA
- Location: Siófok, Hungary
- Photography: Tamás Bujnovszky
- Software used: Archicad, Artlantis, Photoshop
Friday, June 13th, 2014
Article source: MAD Architects
2013/12/06 ShenZhen Ma Yansong presented its work, ‘ Shanshui Experiment Complex’ in the Border Warehouse of BI-City Biennale of Urbanism\Architecture 2013 in Shenzhen. This is an artwork in-between architecture model and landscape installation, created based on MAD’s latest project, ‘Nanjing Zendai Thumb Plaza’. The total area of this urban design project is about 600,000 sqm and it is expected to be completed in 2017.
Image Courtesy © MAD Architects
- Architects: MAD Architects
- Project: Nanjing Zendai Thumb Plaza
- Location: Shenzhen, China